Honda Shadow Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just got some universal supports (Saddlemen S4 Universal Support Brackets) from Revzilla and some bags (Zip-Off Chrome Platted Rivets Motorcycle Saddlebags) from leatherup.com.

I put the supports on and could only get one of the allen bolts back on the seat. I put the brackets on the outside of the chrome using the stock bolts as the bolts with the support were too fat to fit in the holes. The supports do not lay flat against the chrome so the bolts head does not fit snug with everything. The seat attaches to the chrome and I cannot get the chrome back snug to have the holes line up on both sides.

Then when I tried to put the bags on under the back seat I could not get the rear seat to go down on the bolts in the fender. I added a couple of washers to raise the bolts up and finally got one side on.

This is my first bike and attempt at adding bags. I am at a loss as to what to try next. Any advise would be greatly appreciated.

·
Premium Member
11,278 Posts
Since I never carry a passenger & I worry over functionality than looks, I just drape my bags over the seat, makes it way easier to remove the bags when I clean the bike up(once or twice a year, my vlx (Buck) is certainly no garage queen.

I had my bag supports installed at Billski's when the bike was in for other work.

·
Registered
60 Posts
Awwwww ... this isn't about fun bags and supports .... poop. :D :D :D

I agree though, universal anything never fits. Try going to a bike shop (or even somewhere like Home Depot) and get new bolts and try that first. I know the holes on my Sabre are a HUUUGE P.I.T.A. to get back in once taken out - they don't line up so well.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I finally got it worked out. I got longer bolts from Lowes. A lot of off and on but got the seat on and all the holes to match up. Thanks to all for your comments.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.