Honda Shadow Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What do you all prefer? I have U.S. Saddlebags brand saddlebags. They are black with red inlay flames. Quick release with a lock to the brackets and zipper locks. I paid $125 off of Craigslist, another $50 on brackets (specific for the sabre)for an auction win on Ebay and voila! A really nice set of bags. They are incredibly well made and come Armageddon, they will be one of the few things left unscathed. I will post pics in a few days. What's your story?

John
the bee

·
Registered
429 Posts
I have had leather bags for years and they served me well. Then I picked up a pair of Cavalry hard bags and I don't see myself going back to soft bags again.

·
Registered
2017 Indian Roadmaster
983 Posts
I currently have Tsukayu strong bags. I put them on in 2011, and so far they have held up well.

I swear...my next bike is going to be a touring model with fairing and bags from the factory!

·
Registered
612 Posts
My first bags were tiny leathers from a local leather shop.
Then I went with Mutazu MU bags. Loved them at first but the big teardrop lights worn me down. I hated those lights.

Then I decided to modify the bags and remove the lights.
Weeks of work wasn't really worth it but they turned out nice.
I created a space in the chrome trim at the bottom and installed red LED turn signals. It was excellent.
http://www.hondashadow.net/forum/members/albums/154218-registered-*******/2004-aero-10898-picture35537-my-modified-hard-mutazu-hard-bags.jpg
But a pothole caused one bag to crack.
And they had always leaked and I never really liked the mounts. They weren't stable.

I sacrificed them and went back to leathers. Large leathers.
Loved them! Installed them with EZ Brackets. So cool!

But as with most things I do, I had to change again.
Now I sport Mutazu HD bags. Just installed them.
Felt it was required since I installed a fairing last season.
I used the same EZ Brackets. Now I can turn a key and lift the bag off of the bike.

It's more better...

Other than maybe adding some auxiliary brake lighting of some sort, I'm done.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.