Honda Shadow Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It looks like it is time to replace the batteries on our bikes (VLX and Rebel). Who are considered to have the best prices?

JD

·
Registered
3,743 Posts
I bought a Motocross AGM battery online at Battery Stuff ($109.00 + shipping). Same Yuasa battery, different label. Arrived in a few days. ('07 Shadow 600) There's also an el cheapo option available, Scorpion $58, at the same site. I wouldn't recommend it, though.

*Not to be confused with the line of Battery Plus stores. There's a "store locator" at their website.

·
Registered
139 Posts
Ebay brother i had to have that stupid 16aa battery thats like $100 got it for $40 new on ebay I get new tires on there too for extreme discounts like brandname stuff too it pays to skip the middle man

·
Registered
2,023 Posts
Check out Auto Zone or O'Reilly's auto parts stores. We did for our Valk; and got an excellent long life battery at a very good price.

We trudge on.

·
Registered
515 Posts
Got an AGM battery off eBay for $40 two months ago. Shipped fast. So far, so good. Has started my bike every time.

·
Registered
150 Posts
I always like to buy batteries in a store, so if I have to bring it back (which I've had to before) for warranty issues, it's pretty easy. I've generally bought my batts at Cycle Gear. Their prices are pretty competitive.

·
Registered
12,291 Posts
I bought a Motocross AGM battery online at Battery Stuff ($109.00 + shipping). Same Yuasa battery, different label. Arrived in a few days. ('07 Shadow 600) There's also an el cheapo option available, Scorpion $58, at the same site. I wouldn't recommend it, though.

*Not to be confused with the line of Battery Plus stores. There's a "store locator" at their website.
I have bought two of them and no problems at all with them. I WOULD recommend them.

·
Registered
3,743 Posts
I have bought two of them and no problems at all with them. I WOULD recommend them.
Mark, the stator on the Shadow 600 doesn't put out too much electricity at idle and have you ever seen the tinsy winsy size of a 600 battery. I actually shut off my auxiliary lights at stop lights, city driving, to spare the battery. That's why I personally wouldn't recommend the Scorpion to OP, same bike as mines. His Rebel, I dunno. If you don't mind me asking, how long did the Scorpions last on your bike?

·
Registered
12,291 Posts
Mark, the stator on the Shadow 600 doesn't put out too much electricity at idle and have you ever seen the tinsy winsy size of a 600 battery. I actually shut off my auxiliary lights at stop lights, city driving, to spare the battery. That's why I personally wouldn't recommend the Scorpion to OP, same bike as mines. His Rebel, I dunno. If you don't mind me asking, how long did the Scorpions last on your bike?
Ron - don't know much about the VLX to be quite honest. The Scorp's are in my ACE Tourer (going on 1 year, 2 months) and my brother's Sporty 1200 (2 years). They charge and fire up just fine (kept "tenderized", during the long, cold brutal freaking winter). Obviously, your experience may vary from that, but I am in Cleveland, OH where the weather is completely crappy six months outta the year, and (take this is a me being jealous, because I am) you are in freaking PARADISE.:D;)

And, on Waikiki, I am sure that you don't get much of a chance to go WOT much on those bikes, so your not getting the most out of your charging systems. That's where a battery tender would help keep the battery fresh.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts