Honda Shadow Forums banner

21 - 24 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
198 Posts
To clarify, your AC voltage is being measured between 2 of the yellow wires coming from the stator with the wires disconnected from the rectifier and meter is on ac voltage scale? And you verified your ground point is true ground by measuring between neg bat term and that point? (should be 0 ohms. lot of plastic that looks like chrome on some of these,,,)

I went with an FH020 Mosfet rectifier kit from Roadstercycle.com and an OEM stator. Depending on your bike, may want to check for room 1st. There is a video on Youtube where a guy got a spool of armature wire and rewound his own stator,,,

·
Registered
198 Posts
Wanted to add there are a lot of fake SH775 and FH020 rectifiers on Ebay. shop with care. There are some tips to spot the fakes at that roadstercycle link. I've bought an even larger, heavier-duty SH847 Series type for mine but have to re-do my mount before I can install it.

Other side of that is the oem one worked this long...

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #24
To clarify, your AC voltage is being measured between 2 of the yellow wires coming from the stator with the wires disconnected from the rectifier and meter is on ac voltage scale? And you verified your ground point is true ground by measuring between neg bat term and that point? (should be 0 ohms. lot of plastic that looks like chrome on some of these,,,)

I went with an FH020 Mosfet rectifier kit from Roadstercycle.com and an OEM stator. Depending on your bike, may want to check for room 1st. There is a video on Youtube where a guy got a spool of armature wire and rewound his own stator,,,
Yes tested from lead to lead and only getting the 15VAC. 0 ohms to ground during the continuity test with a good ground being used. I want to go OEM but damn it's so expensive. I use amazon or honda aftermarket sites. We'll see. Thanks for the help. I'll update when I get the parts and complete the repair.

21 - 24 of 24 Posts