Honda Shadow Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My battery was dead today, not even a flicker of light anywhere.
the voltage reads 4.5.
I rode it friday with no issues and no issues before that. the only thing that has changed are the bulbs in the light bar.
my light bar is wired seperatley through a relay, the bulbs that were in them were h3 12v 25w, the closest I could find was h3 12v 55w. I put in the 55w bulbs and changed the fuse to 10 amps from 5.
The relay for the light bar is wired to come on when the ignition is on.

Is it possible that the 55w bulbs drained the battery too much while riding the the motor could not keep it charged enough? or was it just time for my battery to die? its about 2 years old.

·
Registered
5,978 Posts
I use the 55w bulbls in my Driving lights and so far no problem, I did wire mine to the low beam using Gonzo's wiring harness and I also use an electric jacket liner and gloves and no problem so far, now I must say that I only use the low beam/aux. lights mostly at night as that's when I feel I need them, so you might check your battery, 2 years is not very old, I also keep mine on a battery tender jr., when not riding so it always keeps the battery charged, so can't really say.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks, good to know someone else is using 55w bulbs.

I had the battery load tested today and its just dead...
Luckily Cycle Gear had batteries for 50% off, got the new one installed and ready to ride tomorrow. Yeah!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.