Honda Shadow Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Battery will only turn over engine two times when temp is around 6C, 45F and then dies, once temp is a little higher battery will start bike fine. Question: is this a sign that the battery is going and should be replaced, battery always on tender, just ordered a YTZ14s.

·
Registered
339 Posts
It very well could be the battery. It could also be a loose/corroded connection at the batery or elsewhere in the system. It could also be something flakey with the charging system etc.

My bet is the battery, or connections to it. Since you have ordered a new one you have probably already solved the problem :)

Check what Mark V posted in this thread:
http://www.hondashadow.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=42288

Testing the battery voltage will usually give you an idea of the overall health of the battery. I like to test mine after being off of the battery tender for a few days. The voltage wont tell you everything, it's still possible to have the battery's voltage test good, but it wont deliver current. That test requires load testing.

Mark

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.