Honda Shadow Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Saturday here was a nice day so I decided to finally get out and do some riding. Problem was my battery was dead. I took it out and charged it up and got to do some riding Sunday.
Why is it such a hassle to get to the battery? You have to take the seat off move a bunch of wiring around while trying to pull the battery up. I remember my 1980 Honda Hawk the battery was on the side and you just had to pull off the side cover and change it. I guess it's like the cars now. I remember I could work on my 69 carburetor, now I'm still looking for the carb on these new cars.:lol:

·
Registered
5,352 Posts
The battery on my VT700 is in the open so I can just clip on it to charge.. but when I had my Vmax I went to a car breakers yard..you may call them wreckers.. and got a short length of battery cable about seven inches long, I left the ring fitting on one end so that it would go on the positive pole of my battery and stripped about 3/8th inch off the other end which I tinned with solder to prevent the wires from fraying, I then got a rubber cap from my local TV shop that comes with every reel of coaxial aerial cable and fitted that over the tinned end, then it was just a matter of fitting the cable to the battery, leaving the capped end outside the cover, and when I needed to jump start or charge the battery one lead of the charger would go to the cable and the other to the frame..

John.

·
Registered
462 Posts
Buy a battery tender and install the pigtail onto the battery. They you can just connect the tender without touching the battery.

If you have a tender without a pigtail, you can buy just the pigtail.

Ride safely,

1 - 3 of 3 Posts