Honda Shadow Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
GUys,
I admit to my faults. I am a highly technical person, but I am stumped. I want to attach a battery tender to my '06 shadow 750 spirit, but I am not sure where to to this? I took off one of the chrome covers under the seat on the right and saw a couple of prongs that are covered in a clear plastic sheath. Is that it? :?: :?:

·
Registered
2,530 Posts
Hey Paul,

The battery is located under your seat. To remove your seat, take loose the two bolts at either end of the strap on top of your seat. Then slide the seat backwards and lift the back of the seat to remove it. Once you have the seat off, you will need to remove the screw next to the block box and lift the cover off the battery. Once you have that done, I would remove the battery from the bike before putting it on the tender. The reason for that is simple...if your battery does overheat, there is a very good chance the acid will spill on your bike and ruin your paint. Not a good thing.

Hope this information helps.

·
Registered
303 Posts
Amazing how in the middle of winter, I can get a smile out of a terrible day in the summer. Yes the seat comes off as mentioned as long as all is stock. When adding saddlebags, Mustang seat, and such it can become quite a chore. The two bolts are easy when stock. But they can become an enemy with accessories. That was my need to purchase a metric tap/die set. Be patience when reinstalling the two bolts to remount the seat. They are long and easily cross-threaded.

·
Registered
5,978 Posts
I agree with what Spirit_1100 says on the access problem, but with the battery tender you can leave in the bike (my battery is sealed/no matenance access for water), just attach the pig tails and leave them on the battery then all you have to do is hook up the tender when not riding, I keep mine hooked up year round (except when out on trips) been doing this for many years and no problem, just as long as you are talking a Battery Tender and not a Battery Charger, this is the one I use
http://www.cruisercustomizing.com/detail.cfm?model_ID=8&Category_ID=120&manufacturer_ID=282&product_ID=10061&sblid_name=Battery_Tender_Waterproof_____for_Honda_Shadow_Sabre

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks to all. You have proven the old adage that there is no such thing as a stupid question :D

1 - 7 of 7 Posts