Honda Shadow Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A BMW rider buddy at work swears by these. Has anyone here tried them? What's your experience been?

http://www.beadrider.com/

Thanks, Beck

·
Registered
294 Posts
I've seen them around, But I still don't see them being comforable, But if it works then great! but I could care less for the looks (thats my opinion tho)

·
Registered
21 Posts
I love mine. I put it on a stock seat and rode 6 hours, wasn't too bad. Without it I would have had to stop every 50 miles or so, as it was I only stopped for gas. The best part is no monkey butt.

·
Registered
546 Posts
To start let me say that Beadrider is a quality company. I contacted them with the fact that I was not satisfied with the comfort and they sent a call tag without me even asking them to. All it did for me was give me 100 points of pain verses 2. After trying just about every way to not purchase a Mustang seat, I found the Crazy Creek Canoe pad $20 to be the most comfortable butt coddler besides sitting in the bubble jets hot tub. This air paid floats you about 1/4 inch above your seat - not sitting on a bubble but rather very comfortable. You can order it online from REI.com. Everyone that has one on the forum is waaaaay pleased. I ride 300-500 miles per day and never even begin to feel my rear.

·
Registered
5,978 Posts
I tried similar stuff in my cage and didn't like them, but I do use an AlaskaLeather Butt Pad and really like that on top of my Corbin DT, but I can say that after 400 miles my butt still will get a little sore, it's an old old butt............ :lol:

·
Registered
336 Posts
ihavethespirit said:
To start let me say that Beadrider is a quality company. I contacted them with the fact that I was not satisfied with the comfort and they sent a call tag without me even asking them to. All it did for me was give me 100 points of pain verses 2. After trying just about every way to not purchase a Mustang seat, I found the Crazy Creek Canoe pad $20 to be the most comfortable butt coddler besides sitting in the bubble jets hot tub. This air paid floats you about 1/4 inch above your seat - not sitting on a bubble but rather very comfortable. You can order it online from REI.com. Everyone that has one on the forum is waaaaay pleased. I ride 300-500 miles per day and never even begin to feel my rear.
+1 on the Crazy Creek Canoe pad if you are looking for something cheap. You will not beat the comfort at any price. However, I don't really like the looks of the pad sitting on my seat, or the the looks of any pad for that matter. I'm getting ready to spring for the Mustang seat in the next couple of weeks. Sure hope it lives up to the good reports everyone has posted!

·
Registered
156 Posts
ihavethespirit said:
Is this what you're talking about?
http://www.rei.com/online/store/ProductDisplay?storeId=8000&catalogId=40000008000&productId=47902789&parent_category_rn=4501487&vcat=REI_SEARCH

Looks kinda bulky or do you not blow it up quite so much?

·
Registered
859 Posts
I have one and used it on with the stock seat. Helped out during the hot months preventing swamp butt and soreness on long rides (600+ miles). I now have a Mustang seat with back rest (worth every penny) and will continue to use the bead cover if needed. The stock one was saddling out and wearing me out. If I had to do it over again I would go to walmart and buy one for an auto. Trim it down and try it out.
I have a Saddle Sore 1000 coming up this spring so I will really get to test the seat and the beads out.
I had a gel pad for my Virago and it made that old bike rideable on long juants. Sold the gel pad to guy who rode a Wing with back problems. It helped him a bunch.

·
Registered
546 Posts
Grampa said:
ihavethespirit said:
Is this what you're talking about?
http://www.rei.com/online/store/ProductDisplay?storeId=8000&catalogId=40000008000&productId=47902789&parent_category_rn=4501487&vcat=REI_SEARCH

Looks kinda bulky or do you not blow it up quite so much?
Grampa,
Yes that is it but you only put about 2 to 3 puffs of air into it and not 20. Just enough to levitate your rear. It has a very big air valve that you can operate while sitting on the pad. So you puff a few and sit on it. If it is to "bubblie" then a quick dab on the air release and see how it feels. After a while you will know how much to blow into it. It doesn't take much, just a little to be in commmmmfort.

·
Registered
4 Posts
I have the exact same beaded seat cover, I bought it at a bike show and it is really uncomfortable after about 30 mins. Remember your sitting on wood beads, no cushion there, but it does allow air flow. They're cheap and thats what you get. Cheap.........Tom

·
Registered
19 Posts
Beware!!!

Local Cabbies will think that you are trying to steal their fares.

·
Registered
1,852 Posts
love mine. have had it for more than a year bought it at wingding in ft wayne. keeps me more comfy plus keeps the swamp a$$ at bay on the hot days to.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Last summer cushy comfort didn't seem to be as big a deal for me as the SWEAT (I believe you guys referred to it as swamp butt (oh yuck!)). So can anyone tell me how either of these products compare (other than price) to a sheepskin cover on your seat for preventing or lessening the swampbutt factor?!

GR2

·
Registered
949 Posts
ihavethespirit said:
Grampa,
Yes that is it but you only put about 2 to 3 puffs of air into it and not 20. Just enough to levitate your rear. It has a very big air valve that you can operate while sitting on the pad. So you puff a few and sit on it. If it is to "bubblie" then a quick dab on the air release and see how it feels. After a while you will know how much to blow into it. It doesn't take much, just a little to be in commmmmfort.
WOW :shock:

The fact that I have said nothing dirty astounds me.

·
Registered
7,922 Posts
GonnaRide2 said:
Last summer cushy comfort didn't seem to be as big a deal for me as the SWEAT (I believe you guys referred to it as swamp butt (oh yuck!)). So can anyone tell me how either of these products compare (other than price) to a sheepskin cover on your seat for preventing or lessening the swampbutt factor?!

GR2
That's the monkey butt they are talking about.

And the canoe pad is cheaper here.
http://www.campmor.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/ProductDisplay?memberId=12500226&productId=39174173

·
Registered
236 Posts
lonestarrider said:
I have a Saddle Sore 1000 coming up this spring so...quote]

awesome man. Glad to see that you are getting to do it. What destination have you settled on?

·
Registered
546 Posts
AngryHatter said:
GonnaRide2 said:

GR2
That's the monkey butt they are talking about.

And the canoe pad is cheaper here.
http://www.campmor.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/ProductDisplay?memberId=12500226&productId=39174173
funny it is only available in Forest Green and Navy Blue - guess if you want black you will have to pay another $6 on REI.com :shock:

·
Registered
8 Posts
I have a Honda VT1100T, ACE Tour and hated the feel of the original Honda seat. Could not ride more than about 50 miles without having to take a butt break.

I then got a Corbin Dual Tourer. They said that "it" would take about 1500 miles to break in. I am not sure if "it" was the seat or my Butt. However, after about 5000 miles, it did not happen.

Then I had the seat reworked at a car Upholstery shop and it was better. The problem however was only a partial solution. Still had butt pain.

Then I tried putting foam on the seat. Not much help.

Bought and tried a large Gel Pad. Helped but still had Butt pain by the time I had to get fill my tank.

Then I bought a sheepskin from Alaska Leathers to try and also to keep my butt cool during the summer. Worked great for the heat and helped the ride a little.

Still some pain though.

My riding buddy bought an Air Hawk cushion for he and his girlfriend. They are very happy with them after over a years use. Seemed like they never got sore.

I went to REI and paid $19.00 for the Canoe Seat as other people have referenced above. I used it to ride to Sturgis from Houston Texas and back.

Never any pain. I love it and especially for the price. If I had of known that the air seat was that good for my sore butt, I would not have spent nearly a thousand bucks for all that I had done before and just done something like this and saved a lot of money. I will echo this though. Just a lung full of air or less is where it is comfy. Do not fill it up. Leave it mushy. I put it under my sheepskin and it is not noticable.

I know, a long story, but my choice was to look cool while standing by my bike or be able to ride long distances.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts