Honda Shadow Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
'07 Shadow Aero 750
3,217 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
For those in the Virginia area, or those looking at Google Maps, you have a big triangle type of thing in metro Virginia.

Richmond to the south
Fredericksburg to the north
Charlottesville to the west

Right in the middle of the landmark cities, you have Lake Anna. A big 17mi long Army Corps of Engineers manmade lake, formed in 1972. It is beautiful, but it used to be peaceful and quiet way back in the day. Today... it's a madhouse, overrun, over developed, jet skiers zooming every which way, bass fishermen trying to fish in peace with all the ruckus constantly going on.

Anyway, you have just gotta love a wife who says, "You know what? I haven't been on the bike in like, 100 years!" early this morning when I was finishing my coffee. Well, that was it... No need to twist my arm... Let's go, honey! 💖

...And away we went, heading up Route 33 to Beaverdam, VA. Then cruise up all sorts of side streets, up into the southern part of Lake Anna. Then out to Route 522, and then up and around another side street, up and around to the State Park, and back around again to the marinas and the main Route 208 bridge. Then, head back down again and back home. Such an incredible ride! :cool:

Me with my '07 Shadow Aero 750 at Highpoint Marina, with the big luncheon gazebo in the background.

Here's my wife Margaret with a beautiful happy smile, as she loves riding on the back of my Shadow! ❤

Here's the famous Lake Anna Lighthouse, with the Route 208 bridge in the background.

Lastly, here is a view looking UP the lake. I was surprised by the amount of boats out on the lake, with gas prices being what they are! Wow...

·
Registered
2013 Honda Shadow Phantom 750
4,394 Posts
Glad y’all had a great ride.

Those are some serious saddlebags!!!

Eric

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
'07 Shadow Aero 750
3,217 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Oh yeah... The saddlebags are River Road Spectrum Slant, and fit perfectly on my Shadow. They are wide enough to hold groceries and, heck... even a day's worth of clothes for an overnight trip!

·
Registered
2013 Honda Shadow Phantom 750
4,394 Posts
I am going with 40mm ammo cans next but I will keep those in mind. Thanks for the info.

Eric

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
3,030 Posts
You ever think about adding Bluetooth communicators? I'm wondering if those might make the ride even more enjoyable for the two of you.

First thing I did was have that dinky little pillion seat reupholstered with better foam and actual leather, made a world of difference on my wife's butt. Attaching communicators was also a huge bonus... for her anyway. it added to her comfort level knowing she could communicate with me if needed.

·
Registered
'07 Shadow Aero 750
3,217 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
You ever think about adding Bluetooth communicators? I'm wondering if those might make the ride even more enjoyable for the two of you.

First thing I did was have that dinky little pillion seat reupholstered with better foam and actual leather, made a world of difference on my wife's butt. Attaching communicators was also a huge bonus... for her anyway. it added to her comfort level knowing she could communicate with me if needed.
You know... @squidchief --- as bizarre as this might sound, Margaret was asking about something like that where the two of us could talk back and forth within our helmets, and not have to shout at each other when we come to a stop.

Reactions: "Captain D"

·
Registered
3,030 Posts
You know... @squidchief --- as bizarre as this might sound, Margaret was asking about something like that where the two of us could talk back and forth within our helmets, and not have to shout at each other when we come to a stop.
Check out the Revzilla reviews. I thoroughly like my Cardo Scala paired system.

·
Registered
16 Posts
For those in the Virginia area, or those looking at Google Maps, you have a big triangle type of thing in metro Virginia.

Richmond to the south
Fredericksburg to the north
Charlottesville to the west

Right in the middle of the landmark cities, you have Lake Anna. A big 17mi long Army Corps of Engineers manmade lake, formed in 1972. It is beautiful, but it used to be peaceful and quiet way back in the day. Today... it's a madhouse, overrun, over developed, jet skiers zooming every which way, bass fishermen trying to fish in peace with all the ruckus constantly going on.

Anyway, you have just gotta love a wife who says, "You know what? I haven't been on the bike in like, 100 years!" early this morning when I was finishing my coffee. Well, that was it... No need to twist my arm... Let's go, honey! 💖

...And away we went, heading up Route 33 to Beaverdam, VA. Then cruise up all sorts of side streets, up into the southern part of Lake Anna. Then out to Route 522, and then up and around another side street, up and around to the State Park, and back around again to the marinas and the main Route 208 bridge. Then, head back down again and back home. Such an incredible ride! :cool:

Me with my '07 Shadow Aero 750 at Highpoint Marina, with the big luncheon gazebo in the background.

Here's my wife Margaret with a beautiful happy smile, as she loves riding on the back of my Shadow! ❤

Here's the famous Lake Anna Lighthouse, with the Route 208 bridge in the background.

Lastly, here is a view looking UP the lake. I was surprised by the amount of boats out on the lake, with gas prices being what they are! Wow...
Glad your trip ended with it being a safe journey 😁

1 - 10 of 10 Posts