Honda Shadow Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I caught this on a freeway in Houston yesterday. It was even prettier in person.

Attachments

·
Registered
2,408 Posts
Nice!
But really if my bike was "purty" like that I would be afraid that I would scratch/dent/hurt it somehow.
Just not sure I could really enjoy riding one like that
JMHO

·
Registered
232 Posts
Gotta agree with Mr, Cochran. Very nice to look at, but no...soul. Bikes like this don't have any stories. Bikes with a little scrape here and there, some faded paint, they could tell you about going through Arizona at night because of the daytime heat. Or going to Mexico for the winter, and north for the summer. Spending hours under overpasses 'cause of rain. Going down gravel roads looking for a place to spend the night. These "factory new" shiny, " pretty princess bikes" just say, I'm stored in a garage most of the time. I'm pampered and not used. My owner worries more about looks than riding. But to each his own I guess. Live and let live.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
....just like you women huh?

·
Registered
1998 750 ACE
20,680 Posts
We gotta remember, ours were once Pretty too...

Just give it time...

John Hopkins memory RIDES in swGA two more days

·
Registered
614 Posts
I love it - looks real nice and clean - nothing wrong with a 'show-bike' to cruise around town with. Where is it written that a bike needs to be faded and worn and beat up to be enjoyed. Besides, the old codger could have 2-3 others in his garage for hard-core riding and takes this one out on Sundays for a cruise - more power 'eh?

·
Registered
232 Posts
I can agree with you on that. The craigslist bike is really nice and has definitely been taken care of. The OP bike is VERY nice. At the same time, I've seen 100,000 mile rats that were factory perfect inside. The bike I traded for this ace was over 70,000 but was well maintained and ran perfect when I let it go. It's just my opinion that if your bike is too pretty to take off down a gravel road or cut across a pasture to a camping spot, or if you obsess about every little road ding and chrome blemish, you're missing a lot of the fun of riding. I have a BIL with a Harley he cleans every week, pampers the hell out of it. He's had it for 8 years and it only has 6000 miles on it. To each his own though, I've got more important things to worry about than how someone else's bike looks or what they think of mine.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.