Honda Shadow Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all -

Gorgeous day here in SoCal for a ride, the crazy winds from Thurs had died down considerably and I took to the road.
This is one of my favorite ride routes as it isn't too far from my house.

I took Topanga Canyon to Mullholland Hwy to Las Virgenes Rd to Piuma to PCH north to Neptune's Net for a water break where I ran into some riders from another riding club I belong to, we chatted a bit and then rode PCH to Encinal Canyon to Mulholland Hwy to Topanga Canyon, said our goodbyes and went our seperate ways. Love impromptu rides - fun!

These pics are from the top of Piuma, where if you look in one direction you can see the San Fernando Valley and if you look another direction you can see the Pacific Ocean.

Enjoy!

·
Registered
1,454 Posts
I too spent the day on the road. Did 300 miles al around San Diego county, but had no camera. Tomorrow will be another great day. Nice pics.

Cheers
:lol:

·
Registered
507 Posts
You guys are lucky. I work EVERY stinkin weekend and never have time for rides. :(

·
Registered
357 Posts
tvaudio said:
Hi all -
I took Topanga Canyon to Mullholland Hwy to Las Virgenes Rd to Piuma to PCH north to Neptune's Net for a water break where I ran into some riders from another riding club I belong to, we chatted a bit and then rode PCH to Encinal Canyon to Mulholland Hwy to Topanga Canyon, said our goodbyes and went our seperate ways. Love impromptu rides - fun!
up until a year ago, i lived out your way (studio city) and that specific route is almost the exact one i'd ride on at least one day on most weekends. easily one of the prettiest rides around, although pch gettings a little crowded after lunch.

man, the winds on thursday were nuts, huh?

·
Registered
145 Posts
Send some of that beautiful weather to Illinois please

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Hey Stormstaff - I remember all too well the fantastic winter weather of the midwest. I am orginally from Chicago and moved to LA in June of 2005 and do not miss the snow, wind, sleet, shovelling, black ice, bundling up and windchill!

I do miss Portillo's(Italian Beef) though and Lou Malnati's(Pizza) and my favorite rib joint Twin Anchors.

Marcus - the winds were nuts on Thursday! I thought Chicago was windy, but Thurs here was insane! I love that route it is beautiful and full of twisty fun!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.