Honda Shadow Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Was concerned with a possible Battery issue,rode yesterday 3-4 good start.One of my stops Harbor Frieght for good Battery Tender,$19.99.So I will set the Honda Shadow 1100cc up with that "permanent" install,also got plugs through Amazon...guys here say they are the BOMB!

Attachments

·
Registered
2,264 Posts
Got the same plugs yrs ago and love them, Much easier to start if you ride in the colder weather also.

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
So got that Battery Tender installed (yesterday rode 50-60 miles with 3-4 starts) plugged in the Tender,red indicator light on for good connection/charging.Was on for 10 seconds,then flashing green for "almost" charged,then solid green,all this in less than a minute!!Great,battery had a good full charge!! I'm happy...:smile2::smile2:

·
Registered
145 Posts
I just put my battery back in last week. A sure-fire pain in the ass.
I'm going to have to look into one of those battery tenders.
Do you just install a couple of wires and end up with a hidden plug ?

·
Registered
1983 Honda vt750 Shadow
13,519 Posts
Yes just put them on the battery posts. Red positive, Black negative.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,890 Posts
I have been using this one for years ,it's waterproof, on bikes,vintage cars and a boat.All these might set for long periods of time but are always ready to go.I put the tender under the seat or in the tool box spot if it will fit and just plug in the extension cord to it.Stay under 1.75 amps and they will make your battery last longer.It's out of stock in many places I looked but try to find it under $25 in most places,$50+ in others.https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=web&cd=4&cad=rja&uact=8&ved=2ahUKEwi33omtldThAhXsxlkKHZadAIEQFjADegQIAxAB&url=http://pokerevsoftware.com/tmksdoz-m425750-mfpsratmkvbeig/&usg=AOvVaw0e7poB2KcEvt_SD3w0s0_u

1 - 8 of 8 Posts