Honda Shadow Forums banner
1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
1998 750 ACE
20,107 Posts
What`re the folks on this side supposed to see when you hit your brake???

Will get GOOD Points in the Bike Show...

Yes, I`m being a [email protected][email protected]$$,
Dennis

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I guess you've ruled out bags then?
Yep, if I can put it in my pocket I don’t really need it hahah. I’ll keep my eye open for a small side bag of some kind to hang off the right side but for now, sans bags. If I really need to, I’ll toss the sissy bar on and tie a duffel bag to it. 99% of the time I’m on it solo anyway, so no big deal

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Yep, if I can put it in my pocket I don’t really need it hahah. I’ll keep my eye open for a small side bag of some kind to hang off the right side but for now, sans bags. If I really need to, I’ll toss the sissy bar on and tie a duffel bag to it. 99% of the time I’m on it solo anyway, so no big deal
Can throw on a back pack if it really comes down to it as well

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
What`re the folks on this side supposed to see when you hit your brake???

Will get GOOD Points in the Bike Show...

Yes, I`m being a [email protected][email protected]$$,
Dennis
Honestly I thought about that… but over ruled it. I use hand signals a lot. So I guess they’ll either see that or my finger if they miss the signal. Lol

·
Registered
2002, Shadow Spirit 1100
2,895 Posts
I hope your tail light is higher than 1 foot off the ground. I was on my motorcycle at night and nearly ran over another motorcycle. He had the cool minimalist bullet tail light about 6" off the ground and was going slow in the fast lane. The bike was also a dark color with no reflectors and his clothing was dark. I don't look down at the road when I'm driving or riding. I look more about eye level and where I am going. No matter how cool it is we have to make ourselves visible on our bikes. White isn't the coolest color on a helmet. I noticed long ago before I ever had a bike that I could see people with white helmets much better. Your bike looks great, just make sure it's visible and safe so you won't get hit by some phone addicted knucklehead in a cage.

·
Registered
103 Posts
Honestly I thought about that… but over ruled it. I use hand signals a lot. So I guess they’ll either see that or my finger if they miss the signal. Lol
I use hand signals sometimes too. I just wonder how many of the crazy drivers out there know what they mean. Especially, right turn.

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Thanks
I hope your tail light is higher than 1 foot off the ground. I was on my motorcycle at night and nearly ran over another motorcycle. He had the cool minimalist bullet tail light about 6" off the ground and was going slow in the fast lane. The bike was also a dark color with no reflectors and his clothing was dark. I don't look down at the road when I'm driving or riding. I look more about eye level and where I am going. No matter how cool it is we have to make ourselves visible on our bikes. White isn't the coolest color on a helmet. I noticed long ago before I ever had a bike that I could see people with white helmets much better. Your bike looks great, just make sure it's visible and safe so you won't get hit by some phone addicted knucklehead in a cage.
I use hand signals sometimes too. I just wonder how many of the crazy drivers out there know what they mean. Especially, right turn.
im
Guessing less than 25%

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Thanks! The turn signals are small but crazy bright. the tail light sits about 3/4 of the way up the left shock. Haven’t actually measured the height, but I’d guess it to 14 to 16 inch off the ground. It’s also led pretty bright and about 3.5 inches in diameter.

·
Registered
1998 750 ACE
20,107 Posts
In all honesty, I LOVE IT ! ! !
I joined ABATE in the early 70s because I do nOT wanting anyone in legislation controling HOW I Ride OR What I do to MY BIKE...

Click Biker Rouge in my signature,
Dennis

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
I just want to say; your bike does look VERY nice!!
Great transition!
Thanks!
Some of those new LEDs are super bright. I saw a guy that had some for his running lights and wow, even in the daylight they were almost blinding.
yeah I looked into these ones when I hooked them up and I could see it still on the back of my eye lids when I blinked for a few seconds

·
Registered
1998 750 ACE
20,107 Posts
Yes, some LEDs are BRIGHT!!!
I Love `em, but do NOT like looking into them oncoming...
There are STUPID BRIGHT HeadLights out there...

·
Registered
2002 Honda Shadow vt750 Ace Deluxe
1 Posts
Dang! You took that old girl from, a bathrobe, slippers and hair curlers, to Sunday after church at the waffle house lol. By the way..... GET OUT MY WAFFLE HOUSE!!! lol
No but seriously, props on the build/refresh of the, in my opinion, best version (VT750 'American Classic Edition' ACE Deluxe) of all Shadow models to be produced. Clearly I'm biased though lol. When I get my 02 750 ACE Deluxe (Black Betty) all cleaned up and detailed properly for some summer riding, I'll upload some pics of Black Betty that'll do it justice. Proper work.

1 - 20 of 33 Posts