Honda Shadow Forums banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
354 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We've logged about seventy miles on suburban streets. Stopped for an item at the auto supply. I told her it was time for the expressway, only two exits distance. She's gonna be a good rider. A little better each ride.

·
Registered
471 Posts
Good job! my first time on the highway, I was pretty nervous!! But the more you ride, the better rider you become!

·
Registered
1,082 Posts
As long as your 'first highway experience' wasn't your last you're doin' it right.

Here's to many more! ;-)

·
Registered
354 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Sorry guys. I was talking about my wife. Wasn't clear on that. We were doing 60 but there was a 30 MPH headwind. I'm having fun watching her. She's like a child with a wonderful new toy, it's all she wants to do. If we go anywhere we HAVE to take the bikes. I enjoy watching her enjoy something so much.

·
Registered
323 Posts
Sorry guys. I was talking about my wife. Wasn't clear on that. We were doing 60 but there was a 30 MPH headwind. I'm having fun watching her. She's like a child with a wonderful new toy, it's all she wants to do. If we go anywhere we HAVE to take the bikes. I enjoy watching her enjoy something so much.
Beezer this is cool! I too am in the VERY beginning stages of teaching the Wife to ride. She has done nothing but barely move it under it's own power at this point. But last night she ordered a helmet so that's a good sign! I plan to take her out to the bike park and see if she can get her feet on the pegs. If all goes well, I'll be in the market for that new bike sooner than I thought.

·
Registered
607 Posts
when i started riding again, for the x-way i picked an early weekend morning and rode out of town on a secondary road, then rode back into the city on the x-way.

that way you're (or she's) dealing more with the extra speed than traffic at first, then traffic gradually picks up around you as it gets later in the morning and you get back to the city.

·
Registered
354 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Beezer this is cool! I too am in the VERY beginning stages of teaching the Wife to ride. She has done nothing but barely move it under it's own power at this point. But last night she ordered a helmet so that's a good sign! I plan to take her out to the bike park and see if she can get her feet on the pegs. If all goes well, I'll be in the market for that new bike sooner than I thought.
She took a two-day state approved course. It's a requirement now in Texas. She treats that bike like it was a newborn baby. It really is a very nice bike.
We met on a motorcycle related website. Having her own bike has been her dream for a long time. I'm enjoying watching her enjoy herself so much.

·
Registered
323 Posts
She took a two-day state approved course. It's a requirement now in Texas. She treats that bike like it was a newborn baby. It really is a very nice bike.
We met on a motorcycle related website. Having her own bike has been her dream for a long time. I'm enjoying watching her enjoy herself so much.
Yep. I had to take that course down here in Galveston not long ago. (Long story) It was a blast though! I hope to have her ready to take it herself here soon. I didn't want her to go into it dry just yet with her bad back and all. I want to make sure she thinks she is ready for it. We had one student in the course that had never even sat on a bike and she did real good.

·
Registered
31 Posts
My wife is taking the course in December. When i took the course the instructors bent over backwards to make sure everyone learned to handle the bike and pass the course.

Due to health restrictions, she will be learning on a Can-Am Spyder. We rented one and she really seemed to enjoy it. I hope her enthusiasm continues, the way you wifes has.

·
Registered
4 Posts
hello

hello everyone! beezers wife here, and i am completely enjoying myself!! :D i have always been a back seater and enjoyed it there. there is nothing as nice as being snuggle up to the man you love watching and feeling him control that machine with what seems like no effort at all.
sometimes he would jump on the bike without me and just go, and i was sooooo jealous. now i have a choice. i dont have to be left at home thinking no fair he gets to ride and i dont, if he gets on his bike and goes somewhere, now i can too.............except, he wont let me on my bike without him yet! such a protective teacher. lol

·
Registered
471 Posts
^ Ha ha! Good for you! Welcome to the greatest hobby ever!
I just started riding about 6 months ago :)

1 - 14 of 14 Posts