Honda Shadow Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
227 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Since I took off my saddlebags and changed my seat (2015 Phantom), I've lost all my storage. The Blue Collar Bobbers seat is bolted in the back with two bolts. I was thinking of maybe getting a small round tool bag and bolting it the seat bolts, probably with some flat aluminum in the bag for strength. Has anyone done this? I'm must looking for a place to put my registration, glasses, and phone.

·
Premium Member
345 Posts
I haven’t seen that done, but if you got a fork bag, removing the mounting straps would leave a great slot for adding your bar support. What about the seat spring compression onto the bag?
Did you swap to the hugger fender, too? If so, will it compress into the bag?
Have you considered a swing arm bag? I have a Spirit 1100, and with the shaft drive I have no triangle for a swing arm bag.
I have the BCB seat as well, and I just went with a fork mount tool bag.

·
Registered
152 Posts
Since I took off my saddlebags and changed my seat (2015 Phantom), I've lost all my storage. The Blue Collar Bobbers seat is bolted in the back with two bolts. I was thinking of maybe getting a small round tool bag and bolting it the seat bolts, probably with some flat aluminum in the bag for strength. Has anyone done this? I'm must looking for a place to put my registration, glasses, and phone.
Yep did that on a Suzki S50/VS800 but used a piece of thin nylon cutting board inside the bag to stiffen it, not aluminum.
I even put some small red led lights on the bag and wired them up as brake lights.
Put this in the circuit, only works with LED's though:

:sneaky:

·
Premium Member
1999 Shadow 750 ACE VT750CD3 Modified
2,456 Posts
This may sound crazy, but look at bicycle handlebar/saddle bags/tool bags, a ton of different styles and colors, some with stiffeners some without, maybe something would work.
Coroplast election signs make good light bag stiffeners.

·
Registered
84 VT500C retro bobber
1,442 Posts
I had issues with carrying stuff on my bobber because I really hate the look of saddle bags. My solution was to build a sidecover bag. Has enough room for papers, my phone and a few other trinkets which is really all I need. I got the idea from pics of old triumph Bonnevilles.
20190524_100724.jpg
20190526_134726.jpg

1 - 5 of 5 Posts