Honda Shadow Forums banner

21 - 40 of 700 Posts

·
Registered
698 Posts
Discussion Starter #24 (Edited)
Uh Oh...this thread got a sticky. Are you wondering what you got yourself into sopo?
Well, it has kept me busy today. lol But no, I think it'll be fun.

A few quick notes, there are a few that pm'd me they are interested but didn't send addresses. Will need those. Then, some are putting their addresses in VISITOR messages on my profile... Just a heads up, send as private message unless you want everyone that visits my profile seeing your address. I've deleted those that were there.

Also, I had someone contact me with a deal... he has ride bells he will sell us for $9 shipped in the US and $12 shipped international. I have pm'd an admin to see if it's ok to post his information or if it's breaking the rules. I'll let you know as soon as I hear back.

Now, some have suggested that we post a few links of the bells we're interested in to give our partner an idea. Or, do you want to get to know the person that is sending you a bell and that you are sending one to? If we did that, you could correspond back and forth to get ideas of what they would like? Or do you want the whole thing to be a surprise?

Lastly, I have to leave Monday for out of state. My dad is having a pretty major surgery so won't be back until late next week. I had thought about leaving this open until the 9th and then partnering everyone up on the 10th. Then, bells must be received by end of March. Will that work for everyone or do you have a different idea that might work better?

Thanks to all that's participating. :)

·
Registered
392 Posts
Now, some have suggested that we post a few links of the bells we're interested in to give our partner an idea. Or, do you want to get to know the person that is sending you a bell and that you are sending one to? If we did that, you could correspond back and forth to get ideas of what they would like? Or do you want the whole thing to be a surprise?

Lastly, I have to leave Monday for out of state. My dad is having a pretty major surgery so won't be back until late next week. I had thought about leaving this open until the 9th and then partnering everyone up on the 10th. Then, bells must be received by end of March. Will that work for everyone or do you have a different idea that might work better?

I think the time frame is just fine. I think I can safely speak for everyone when I say we all wish your dad the best with his surgery.

I think once we get paired up with someone, send a quick list of interests/ideas (Army, POW, sports etc) and then let the person pick one out that you might like. If we send examples of bells we would want, most people will just end up buying one exactly like the example and at that point, it's like buying it yourself. Just my 2 cents.

Schooner

·
Registered
698 Posts
Discussion Starter #31
Admins,
For some reason, It's not letting me edit the OP any more. Is there a way I can so I can keep updating the list?

Thanks

·
Registered
698 Posts
Discussion Starter #32
I think the time frame is just fine. I think I can safely speak for everyone when I say we all wish your dad the best with his surgery.

I think once we get paired up with someone, send a quick list of interests/ideas (Army, POW, sports etc) and then let the person pick one out that you might like. If we send examples of bells we would want, most people will just end up buying one exactly like the example and at that point, it's like buying it yourself. Just my 2 cents.

Schooner
Thank you and I like your idea and agree. That would be a good way to handle it.

·
Registered
167 Posts
As far as choosing a bell someone is going to give you...I reckon I would prefer that you choose. If I send you a bell it will be a gift and I will choose it. I think that will add to the story behind why you have the bell you have. I'm not big on the whole skull theme, but would use one if that is what I got. I can imagine getting something very american and I am exploring ways of sending an australian themed bell to the US.

·
Registered
1,390 Posts
Well, it has kept me busy today. lol But no, I think it'll be fun.

A few quick notes, there are a few that pm'd me they are interested but didn't send addresses. Will need those. Then, some are putting their addresses in VISITOR messages on my profile... Just a heads up, send as private message unless you want everyone that visits my profile seeing your address. I've deleted those that were there.

Also, I had someone contact me with a deal... he has ride bells he will sell us for $9 shipped in the US and $12 shipped international. I have pm'd an admin to see if it's ok to post his information or if it's breaking the rules. I'll let you know as soon as I hear back.

What if everyone updates their profiles with interests that will give their partner a clue as to what they are in to. That way you could just look at the person's profile and pick out a bell to send them according to their interests. Then it would still be like a surprise but the givers would have some ideas to go from. Wish your dad a speedy recovery from us!

Sent from my PC36100 using Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Registered
75 Posts
What if everyone updates their profiles with interests that will give their partner a clue as to what they are in to. That way you could just look at the person's profile and pick out a bell to send them according to their interests. Then it would still be like a surprise but the givers would have some ideas to go from. Wish your dad a speedy recovery from us!

Sent from my PC36100 using Motorcycle.com Free App
I participate in a few online gift exchanges (through Reddit) and it basically works like this. Everyone updates their profiles and things are anonymous unless the giver wants to be known. Works well.

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Registered
53 Posts
I participate in a few online gift exchanges (through Reddit) and it basically works like this. Everyone updates their profiles and things are anonymous unless the giver wants to be known. Works well.

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App
I think this is a good idea. I also like the idea of not giving someone an idea beace they may just pick the one you tell them. I agree that it is a gift and will be a part of the story of why and how you got it

·
Registered
698 Posts
Discussion Starter #38
Not sure why that would be. Is it still keeping you from making edits?
Yes, the edit button is gone. Does it possibly have a time limit of how long you can edit the post from the time you post it?

·
Registered
698 Posts
Discussion Starter #39 (Edited)
Does everyone know how to update your profile with your interests to give others an idea for your bell?

And here is the updated list:

Bell Exchange Participants
sopo
Rideandlive
ekelsey15
squarebore
phantommenace
Mitmur1998
jbussard
tbetty
DarkAero
clp51d