Honda Shadow Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
what's the bsest place to get a battery online? My wife's 2003 750 Spirit needs one, and the Napa one does not quite fit. Thanks in advance for the help.

·
Registered
88 Posts
Battery

I picked up a replacement battery for my 2000 1100 Spirit at Auto Zone for $51.00 with tax. Check them out. Walmart also is supposed to have MC batteries too.

·
Registered
406 Posts
When I was looking for a battery, it was $80 at the shop, $60 online, and $35 from a car parts store (Carquest, I think). Of course the damn thing gave up two blocks from a bike shop in a different state than I live in.

·
Registered
462 Posts
Try an Interstate Battery store. They were the cheapest around here for a battery for my old Suzuki GS450L.

·
Registered
109 Posts
I don't recommend Motorcycle Batteries USA. Here is the reason why. I know there are several forum members here that have had good luck with them, so maybe my situation was a fluke. However, if anything does go wrong with your order, good luck getting it resolved. The only way to contact them is to fill out an online form (I see that since my incident they have added a phone number to their contact section, there was none at the time). I had to fill out the inquiry form several days in a row before I got any response. Then no update from them for several days. I finally gave them a deadline by which I needed the battery and they reshipped it. My next step was to turn it over to my credit card company. I will not be a returning customer.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Zman said:
Try an Interstate Battery store. They were the cheapest around here for a battery for my old Suzuki GS450L.

I agree with Zman on the Interstate batteries. I would go to your local Interstate Battery dealer and order one there. I think that they are about the best battery for the price you can buy. I have been getting 6 to 7 years out of them!

·
Registered
1,266 Posts
Sparc's Hotchick said:
I don't recommend Motorcycle Batteries USA. Here is the reason why. I know there are several forum members here that have had good luck with them, so maybe my situation was a fluke. However, if anything does go wrong with your order, good luck getting it resolved. The only way to contact them is to fill out an online form (I see that since my incident they have added a phone number to their contact section, there was none at the time). I had to fill out the inquiry form several days in a row before I got any response. Then no update from them for several days. I finally gave them a deadline by which I needed the battery and they reshipped it. My next step was to turn it over to my credit card company. I will not be a returning customer.
a fluke

·
Registered
10 Posts
I recently went on the hunt for a replacement ytz14s for my 03 shadow spirit 750. The ONLY place that could get me a battery that fit my bike was a local Honda shop. All of the online stores that could supply me were not cheaper than the local shop. I own more than one bike and would be ecstatic if I could find someplace online that sells batteries cheaper than the local market. As for the 14s...there is no cross to that battery that I'm aware of. It's only produced by Yuasa...

I have easily found batteries for my other bikes, but the 750 was a tuff one.

Just my .02
TimK

·
Registered
1,266 Posts
KilbrideTP said:
I recently went on the hunt for a replacement ytz14s for my 03 shadow spirit 750. The ONLY place that could get me a battery that fit my bike was a local Honda shop. All of the online stores that could supply me were not cheaper than the local shop. I own more than one bike and would be ecstatic if I could find someplace online that sells batteries cheaper than the local market. As for the 14s...there is no cross to that battery that I'm aware of. It's only produced by Yuasa...

I have easily found batteries for my other bikes, but the 750 was a tuff one.

Just my .02
TimK
Tim,
what have you been paying for the YTZ14S at the dealer?
try motorcyclebatteriesusa i found them to be about $40 cheaper than the dealer...........shipping was free.
they have it listed right now for $100

·
Registered
2,601 Posts
I just replaced the battery on my Yamaha XS850 with a maintenance free battery from http://batterystuff.com. Cost $55 with free shipping. Ordered it on the internet and it showed up a couple days later. Great service and the battery has been working fine.

·
Registered
10 Posts
I paid $99.00 tax included from Boyce Honda in Kenner, La.

I appreciate all the above responses...but they are all for bikes that arent the Shadow Spirit (750). I can find batteries for my 98 Shadow VT1100 ACE, my Kawasaki 600, and even my Yamaha Warrior at all of the above places...it's the Honda 750 that seems to be the biggest issue on finding a battery thats reasonably priced. Hell, I paid $69.99 for a 750CCA battery for my Ford Excursion, and that was from the dealership. C'mon this is a stinking motorcycle battery for pete's sake.

Atomic Ed...thanks for the heads up...that's a great link.

·
Registered
1,266 Posts
KilbrideTP said:
I
I appreciate all the above responses...but they are all for bikes that arent the Shadow Spirit (750).

I am sorry but you are wrong. I have a Spirit 750....... as i stated above
it takes a Yuasa YTZ14S same as your bike. I even went to the link
i showed and looked up your bike. as i said they have a battery for your bike. for $100 http://www.motorcyclebatteriesusa.com/
i even found one for your bike at the link Sanoke showed.

tried to help........really i did

1 - 17 of 17 Posts