Honda Shadow Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looking for recommendations on best seat for 2 up riding. currently we are on the stock 97 ACE seat and my wife says it kills her hips and low back. I'm a large fella and my wife is short and thick in the hips(also relatively new to riding). I was told Corbin has the best 2 up seats but I wanna hear what y'all got to say.

Sent from my SM-N976U using Tapatalk

·
Administrator
1997 Valkyrie Standard
10,915 Posts
There is a lot of love for Mustang seats here on the forum. Personally, I have an Ultimate Seat on my Valk, I choose this over the Mustang due to the passenger seat being an inch wider than the Mustang's

·
Registered
02 1100 Spirit / 2012 Goldwing
4,973 Posts
I love the mustang on my 1100 spirit! The rear pillion is quite a bit larger than the stock one. An old lady friend describes the stock one as a "maxi pad wrapped in leather glued to the fender" LOL!!!!

·
Registered
925 Posts
Looking for recommendations on best seat for 2 up riding. currently we are on the stock 97 ACE seat and my wife says it kills her hips and low back. I'm a large fella and my wife is short and thick in the hips(also relatively new to riding). I was told Corbin has the best 2 up seats but I wanna hear what y'all got to say.

Just how large? I have a Diamond seat off my VT1100T Ace Tourer that should fit an 1100 Ace. It needs a larger rider. My 32" inseam wasn't tall enough. It was comfortable enough for both going down the road but I had to slide forward at every stop to get both feet down and my saddlebag lids hit it. I would have had to get the Valk bag hinges. I had considered sculpting the nose to be more like the Mustang, then found a deal on a modified Russel DayLong. Here's a pic of it sitting next to a wide 2-piece Mustang WideTouring. Should have lined them up better. I want it gone, so make me an offer? Shipping could be in the $50-75 range or meet somewhere within a hundered or so miles of Kansas City?
:

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Just how large? I have a Diamond seat off my VT1100T Ace Tourer that should fit an 1100 Ace. It needs a larger rider. My 32" inseam wasn't tall enough. It was comfortable enough for both going down the road but I had to slide forward at every stop to get both feet down and my saddlebag lids hit it. I would have had to get the Valk bag hinges. I had considered sculpting the nose to be more like the Mustang, then found a deal on a modified Russel DayLong. Here's a pic of it sitting next to a wide 2-piece Mustang WideTouring. Should have lined them up better. I want it gone, so make me an offer? Shipping could be in the $50-75 range or meet somewhere within a hundered or so miles of Kansas City?
:
View attachment 291746
How does that diamond pattern seat measure up to the stock

·
Registered
112 Posts
I've fit gel pads in my Pan European and planning to do it on the ST700.
It made a huge difference for around £40 both seats. The shadow seats will be a bit cheaper.

·
Registered
2,421 Posts
I've always been a firm believer in taking my seats to a local upholsterer and let him do his magic and tailor the seat to me. Any good upholsterer worth his craft can make a seat fit either you or your pillion rider, and typically do it at a price well below purchasing aftermarket. Less of a gamble as well.

·
Registered
925 Posts
Well,,, The Diamond is 18" side-to-side on the diamond pattern part and 17" front to back on the patterned section. The bucket part isn't as deep as a Mustang, more like the stock seat. I'd say it's more like sitting on a coutoured/sculpted chair than in a bucket seat. Been years, took 1 trip with the Diamond back then. I'm remembering it was definitely better than the stock seat. At 5'10" you may want boots with heels and/or some shorter shocks, I'm 5'11 but only 160 lbs and didn't have the shorter shocks then., took a couple shots next to the stock Ace Tourer seat, which I believe is the same as the earlier Ace

There is a small spot where the tank rubbed it, Think it's not visible when on the bike The passenger section was sitting on top of it for a while, those lines should come out. I see my stock one didn't like sitting in the basement, gonna have to clean it up now and put it back in storage. Also found a stock seat for one of my 750 Aces I'd forgotten I had. May have to offer it for sale.Got a dozen things to be working on, but the basement and garage are too full to get room to work.....

I want this gone, I'm thinking $60 plus shipping? .Or .

·
Registered
3 Posts

Have had a mustang seat for 20 plus years on my 96 ace. Have many 500 plus mile days and many 2500-3500 mile rides. Spring is coming and time to do it again!

·
Registered
3 Posts
Have had a mustang seat for 20 plus years on my 96 ace. Have many 500 plus mile days and many 2500-3500 mile rides. Spring is coming and time to do it again!
Forgot to answer the 2 up question have had a 650 v-strom and a FJR , wife will only go with me on the ace. That’s why it’s still in the stable !

1 - 12 of 12 Posts