Honda Shadow Forums banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

· Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Whats a good tail bag for some medium (200-400mile) trips. I dont really want saddle bags as Im not huge on the look and would only use them on long trips. I just would need to put a few small things and a change of clothes in it.

Oh and here is my girl! 98 Shadow spirit 1100. Picked her up last year with only 13k on the clock and not a scratch on her!

· Registered
5,282 Posts
Like Harryc said. You can purchase a small back pack.
^^^^^+1. In fact we were just discussing one last week here from Wally World that was both a back pack and a sissy bar bag. It's called the Fieldline Arrowhead Motorcycle Backpack. Reviews are good, particularly for the price, and it's waterproof.

· Registered
4,079 Posts
In fact we were just discussing one last week here from Wally World that was both a back pack and a sissy bar bag. It's called the Fieldline Arrowhead Motorcycle Backpack. Reviews are good, particularly for the price, and it's waterproof.
the OP would have to wear it as a backpack until he installs a sissybar.

· Registered
1998 750 ACE
20,902 Posts
Welcome...

NICE BIKE!!!

Yeah, the Bike without a sissy bar nor rack will be difficult to attach this "tailbag...

Although, I lay my seabag across the rear fender and fasten it to the fender rails when I travel ;)

· Registered
109 Posts

· Registered
1,329 Posts
Back pack!

I have a military style backpack and it can cinch up smaller or open up big. works great and I use it every day I ride to work or school.

· Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Would something like this work? I picked up one a while back and haven't used it on a long ride yet, but you can cram a decent amount of stuff into it. No backrest or sissybar necessary.

Saddlemen TS1620 Tunnel/Tail Bag

There's also a slightly narrower version for 9" wide seats.

Saddlemen TS1450 Tunnel/Tail Bag
This was kind of what I was looking at! I have seen sport bike and touring bike riders use them so i know you dont need a sissy bar for use. I just wonder how well it would hook up to the shadows tail?

· Registered
1998 750 ACE
20,902 Posts
Loaded!

Oh and here is my girl! 98 Shadow spirit 1100. Picked her up last year with only 13k on the clock and not a scratch on her!< UNQuote>
I have no problem with attaching my seabag to the fender rails...
BUT My Baby ain`t nearly as "good lookin` as yours!"

I don`t ride for looks, it don`t matter about a "rough look" from blemishes the strapping of things to the fender MAY Cause...

I got a new backpack for my 61st birthday :D I ain`t filled it and tried it yet though...

· Registered
4,011 Posts
I use a Timbuk2 (http://www.timbuk2.com) weatherproof backpack. Works great for to/from work and ~250 daytrips. Mine is bright orange with reflective piping for a little more visibility, too. Works great!

· Registered
1998 750 ACE
20,902 Posts
My backpack is labeled JEEP :D
I`ll hafta get it out and examine it closer ;)
I don`t recall fluorescent nor reflective material though...
Grey & Black I think I remember???
LLLL It`s been a month since my B`day :D

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.