Honda Shadow Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2006 Shadow Aero 750
63 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
2006 Aero 750. It has that monster exhaust and I hate it. It does sound good tho.
I see a lot of 750 Aero's with dual exhausts that look a lot like the Spirit exhausts.
Is there a year that the Aero 750 had dual exhausts? And, would they bolt up to my 2006?
I read up on Vance&Hines and Cobra and I dont want that much noise.
I'm thinking that if there are some dual exhausts that would fit that someone took off to
go to V&H or Cobra might want to sell. Thanks, Slowlane

·
Registered
3,185 Posts
My 2013 Phantom and girlfriends 2014 Aero both have dual exhaust. 2010 was the latest year the Aero’s had a major change, might start there. As if later model pipes will work, I cannot tell you.

Eric

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2006 Shadow Aero 750
63 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I'm looking at the Cobra Classic Deluxe Slashcut Classic Slashcut right now .... gotta gather info on this...looks good tho.
Also looks like they are in the way of the axle for removal like the OEM bazooka.

·
Registered
06' VT1100C/99' GL1500C Valkyrie
9,357 Posts
2008-2009 had the staggered exhaust. Frame appears to be same picture wise but the hanger attachment on the exhaust would be the key factor in using that particular exhaust.

As for the exhaust being in the way of the axle, carefully drop the shocks is what I do as most Shadows and Valkyrie's and probably most exhausts are in the same area regardless of brand. The nature of the beasts so to speak.

·
Registered
2006 Shadow Aero 750
63 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Re: h13man
As for the exhaust being in the way of the axle, carefully drop the shocks is what I do as most Shadows and Valkyrie's and probably most exhausts are in the same area regardless of brand. The nature of the beasts so to speak.

I have removed the rear tire on this bike and without this forum I would have been completely lost. Still looking at the Cobra's.

·
Registered
1999 Shadow 750 ACE VT750CD3 Modified
3,804 Posts
I have the Cobra Classic Deluxe Slashcut on my 750 ACE they are pretty loud compared with the stock "2 into 1" they do sound good though, I am more conscious of the noise around neighbors, but no shaking fists.
Not loud like a Harley Dyna with unbaffled drag pipes, I had one pull up along side me at the lights on Monday and you could barely hear my bike.
I miss the stock pipes.

·
Registered
2006 Shadow Aero 750
63 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
The Cobra Classic Deluxe Slashcuts are advertised to have 3 different baffeling options. 1. No baffels. 2. Cobra baffels included with new pipes. 3. Additional baffeling (fibreglass I think) avilable from Cobra. What I want is good sound and not much more than the OEM bazooka and pipes that clear the rear axle.

·
Registered
06' VT1100C/99' GL1500C Valkyrie
9,357 Posts
What you're wanting from aftermarket is pretty much not a option but... Maybe close with the fiberglass option sound wise but rear axle ease, I'd haven't seen any pipe clearance since the old CB Honda line up but I usually had XL or CL high pipe/upswept exhaust in the day. Tire changing just doesn't happen enough in normal use to be too much of an issue.

·
Registered
175 Posts
Thanks h13 for that little tid bit. I might've gotten frustrated and taken it to the shop. Personally, I do like the look of that bazooka pipe, just sayin'

·
Registered
2006 Shadow Aero 750
63 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Well after thinking about 5 or 6 hunnert bucks for a new exhaust and a lot of work to install (probley even re-jeting) and then finding a way to make a desk lamp out of the bazooka..............I'm starting to love my pretty, unscratched bazooka. You guys are the best! Love this forum and love that 750 Aero.

·
Registered
3,185 Posts
What you're wanting from aftermarket is pretty much not a option but... Maybe close with the fiberglass option sound wise but rear axle ease, I'd haven't seen any pipe clearance since the old CB Honda line up but I usually had XL or CL high pipe/upswept exhaust in the day. Tire changing just doesn't happen enough in normal use to be too much of an issue.
I agree.

I have about 29k miles on my bike and plan to change the rear tire for the second time this weekend. Having to unbolt the shocks and drop the swingarm to get the axle out is not really that much extra work.

Eric

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 - 11 of 11 Posts