Honda Shadow Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1989 Honda Shadow VT600C
128 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone know the biggest bars i can go on stock cables ? i just bought some bars with a 10 inch rise not thinking about cable length. if anyone can let me know that'd be great! just so i can order some cables so they could arrive around the same time if i need them! thanks in advance

·
Registered
8 Posts
I just put a set of 8” mini apes on my 08 spirit . The risers are I believe 5 1/2 inches or so and the cables just worked . I still may get a longer front break line.

·
Registered
06' VT1100C/99' GL1500C Valkyrie
9,357 Posts
This being a 1989 VT 600C.....

This should help determining cable length but after review, 89' isn't listed. Sorry. And probably 7/8" dia. doesn't help much either. Probably looking at doing a complete changeover to 1" but throttle and grips are going to have to be changed also and maybe new cables. Other Words, a challenge for sure.

Motorcycle Stock Handlebars Measurements - Stock Bars

·
Registered
713 Posts

·
Registered
1989 Honda Shadow VT600C
128 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Just an update!

I have received my bars and with some cable rerouting i was able to fit all cables very well EXCEPT the clutch cable its just way to tight, so i ordered a universal cable kit and hopefully with the correct fittings i will be back on the road saturday (fingers crossed) lol

1 - 5 of 5 Posts