Honda Shadow Forums banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

· Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Whate are some of the cleaning tips that you have??? I'm sure there are hundreds of idea's...who has the best and what is it...???

Looking for ideas on cleaning chrome, paint, windshield, etc.....or just the best quick and easy shine up...... What cleans and protects the leather saddle bags the best.....

Thanks, Daron

· Registered
2,530 Posts
Re: BIKE CLEANING TIPS......

Daron said:
Whate are some of the cleaning tips that you have??? I'm sure there are hundreds of idea's...who has the best and what is it...???

Looking for ideas on cleaning chrome, paint, windshield, etc.....or just the best quick and easy shine up...... What cleans and protects the leather saddle bags the best.....

Thanks, Daron
For quick cleaning, I use Lemon Pledge on the bags (when I had leather bags) and Black Magic Spray Detailer on everything else. You can use Pledge on everything...I just like the Black Magic. It really shines after using that.

But...if your bike has grime on it from road spray, you really want to wash the bike. The gritty road grime will scratch the paint.

Hope this helps.

Joe

· Banned
4,110 Posts
I look for rain storms. Sometimes I wash it. Maybe.

· Registered
1,541 Posts
The microfiber towels you can get at any auto parts store are actually pretty nice for cleaning shields and paint. They don't scratch.

Ditto an endorsement for Lemon Pledge ... it works very well.

I bought a can of Honda's "Spray Cleaner and Polish" ... it works well, but I'm not convinced it works any better than Lemon Pledge.

For micro-scratches on plastic and clearcoat I found Novus #2, used carefully, works very well.

But ... as Spirit_1100 said ... when the bike is really dirty, then lots of soapy water is called for.

· Registered
1,083 Posts
Cosmic Cowboy, assuming no rust on the spokes, use any chrome cleaner/polish with a wide sport shoe lace, coat the whole shoe lace with chrome cleaner, wrap it around the spoke and pull it back and forth up and down each spoke.
I'm a lemon pledge fan also.

· Registered
628 Posts
cleaning bike

When it comes down to a thorough, hosed wash down for my bike, my son gave me this great idea to dry her: Turn on your powered leaf cleaner and use it on every part of the bike to dry her.

I then polish her. It works for me.

Jim

· Registered
658 Posts
greg sanders said:
what dirt, those bikes look squeekie clean- beautiful.
Thanks. Those pics were taken JUST after they each had a bath. :) But truth be known, I rarely wash(ed) my bike(s). I think I washed the Aero maybe 3-4 times in the 2.5 years I had it and I JUST washed the BMW for the second time last week - after owning it now since last July.

Badge of honor, I say. Badge of honor. Hehehehehehe.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.