Honda Shadow Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

· Registered
189 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've been having elec problems for a month but I thought I had it solved. Replaced the R/R and the connector. It ran great for a week. Then, it started missing. Battery is full charge. I suspected maybe the fuel filter or bad fuel. Changed the filter and it still misses. Drained the fuel, pulled the fuel valve assembly out of the tank to see if there was some kind of screen. Nothing obstructing. Put the valve unit back on the tank, filled the tank with good gas and now, it starts perfect as usual but when I put it in gear, it immediately dies even with the clutch in. ???????? HELP!

· Registered
189 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Forgot: 2000 750 ACE

· Registered
1,696 Posts
The kickstand may have a safety switch that kills the engine when put in gear and the stand is down. If your stand is up, you might check the switch down there. If you don't have that safety feature, ?

· Registered
189 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Well, it was the kickstand wiring. I traced the wiring back underneath the seat and the green 3 wire connector was not snapped in. It works. Thanks.

· Registered
18 Posts
One of the spade connectors has probably come off the little switch behind the clutch lever..it's quite common.

John.
I had this exact same issue on a 96 VLX. I ended up just pulling that connector out of the clutch handle and zip-tying it to the handlebar. The only thing about that is that now it's possible to try to start it in gear without the clutch pulled in, so you need to be a little careful.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.