Honda Shadow Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2001 Valkyrie I/S
7,017 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Doing road guard duty at our annual Patriot Guard ride for over 3000 bikes standing at an intersection and I get a call from my son. He was attending a different ride, his first with a big group. I warned him to be careful don't let anyone push you faster than your comfortable. (I really hate big group rides but I volunteer for the one ride a year) He's been riding dirt bikes all his life and a 14 bolt for the last two years. He got crowded into the outside of a corner, took it to fast and he and his passenger ending up in the ditch. Bike flipped them off did a couple twistys in the air. He ended up with a small cut on his leg and a sore ankle. lost both his tennis shoes when he landed. His passenger ended up with a dislocated elbow, the LEO's took them to the hospital just to get check out but their ok. He's awful sore can't hardly bend over. Neither of them had a helmet on, he's a grown man now so it's not my decision it's his. I told him he's lucky to be alive and he is damn lucky.

Sorry for ranting on if you do group rides, ride your own ride, don't be afraid to slow down the person behind you knows what brake lights are.

·
Registered
2,408 Posts
Glad your son and his passenger were not hurt any worse. It's always tough when the kids grow into adults and do things and make decisions that don't always seem to be good things or decisions but in the end we have to remember that they are their own person and have their own lives & decisions to make.

·
Registered
1998 750 ACE
20,106 Posts
Godspeed on recovery, prayer lifted on this...

Hopefully there are no hidden ailments...

Encourage them to get back in the saddle...

·
Registered
2,544 Posts
Good to hear that they will be ok. It takes a few days but the pain does get better with time. Glad it wasn't any more serious. This is bad enough.

·
Registered
2001 Valkyrie I/S
7,017 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Their both doing well, very sore and he's kicking himself for missing the turn. I told him it was the wrong setting to learn to ride with a passenger. Not sure about the bike, bars bent, engine guard i had him buy when he bought the bike saved the engine, tank dented. worst damage is where the left drivers pegs bolts to the frame, inside of frame tube is crushed. Bike still runs great, no damage to front even ridable. Thanks for all the prayers.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.