Honda Shadow Forums banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
70 Posts
That article is in the Arizona Republic. Great organization. I was patches into the Gettysburg PA chapter in 03, but left. Currently looking into the South Mountain MD chapter.

·
Registered
4,011 Posts
Bikers Against Child Abuse International

Never knew about this, turns out the MN chapter has monthly meetings just down the road from my home. Can't make the December meeting, but January just got added to my calendar.

·
Premium Member
431 Posts
I'm confused. Kids these days need their asses beat...

But then again, its abuse to make your kid stand in a corner or take their iphone away too...:roll::roll:

·
Banned
821 Posts

But then again, its not abuse to make your kid stand in a corner or take their iphone away too...:roll::roll:

I second this. I recently read an article about how a middle-schooler lit his teacher on fire, in class.
why do we not hear about stuff like that back when corporal punishment was practiced?

·
Registered
11,102 Posts

But then again, its not abuse to make your kid stand in a corner or take their iphone away too...:roll::roll:
Did you open the link and read?
The post is about kids who are abused. Are you saying they get what they deserve? Are you trying to make a joke about a 10 year old being raped?

·
Registered
11,102 Posts
I second this. I recently read an article about how a middle-schooler lit his teacher on fire, in class.
why do we not hear about stuff like that back when corporal punishment was practiced?
What does corporal punishment have to do with kids being assaulted and raped?
Did you miss out on the opportunity to open the link as well?

·
Registered
11,102 Posts

·
Premium Member
431 Posts
Cause back in the day it was known that if you screw up your a$$ is grass and belts, switches, paint stirrers, and anything your parent could grab would be stuck down upon you like the wrath of your god.

Now we have these teachers and guidance people in schools saying its not ok to have your butt spanked or reprimanded in any form or fashion.

I for one have no problem putting a child in check. If you can not keep your baby from crying or your toddler from throwing a temper tantrum, I will be there ready to punch IT in the face. :cool:

But realistically, spank your kid. Not only will it keep them from growing up to be a brat but it will give you enough Zen to not want to BEAT your child. win - win

·
Premium Member
1,897 Posts
Great article. Thank you!

I few months ago I walked into a local motorcycle shop for the first time and inside were a couple of guys raising money for this organization. They said they meet on Saturday mornings for a couple of hours. I thought then that this is a great organization and that I could work with them IF I had a bike and could become intimidating.

I'm definitely checking them out this Saturday. Thanks for the reminder.

·
Registered
751 Posts
A group named "Bikers Against Child Abuse" is there a group of Bikers FOR Child Abuse?

Im confused… isn't protecting kids, especially those in need, something that we should all be doing?

·
Registered
906 Posts
What a great cause I'm gonna check into it. Even if I can't commit the time that they require I really want to support there effort. One of my best friends was abused as a kid and to this day still has issues with it.

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Registered
23,171 Posts
A group named "Bikers Against Child Abuse" is there a group of Bikers FOR Child Abuse?

Im confused… isn't protecting kids, especially those in need, something that we should all be doing?
There are a lot of things we all should be doing.. but look around.. there are still poor, still kids being assaulted..etc.. God Bless those who step up to the plate when others won't..beginning with the parents

·
Registered
751 Posts
There are a lot of things we all should be doing.. but look around.. there are still poor, still kids being assaulted..etc.. God Bless those who step up to the plate when others won't..beginning with the parents
now there is the key word… good job Dave.

·
Registered
70 Posts
Cause back in the day it was known that if you screw up your a$$ is grass and belts, switches, paint stirrers, and anything your parent could grab would be stuck down upon you like the wrath of your god.

Now we have these teachers and guidance people in schools saying its not ok to have your butt spanked or reprimanded in any form or fashion.

I for one have no problem putting a child in check. If you can not keep your baby from crying or your toddler from throwing a temper tantrum, I will be there ready to punch IT in the face. :cool:

But realistically, spank your kid. Not only will it keep them from growing up to be a brat but it will give you enough Zen to not want to BEAT your child. win - win
There's a BIG difference between discipline and abuse. Read the article and see some of the crap these kids have gone through. Read about Chief and why he started BACA.

As for kids throwing tantrums.....no, in fact I can't stop my 20 month old from throwing them. I can guarantee what would happen to you should you "be there to punch it in the face". I assume that that statement is your lame ass attempt at humor, which in the context of the subject being discussed is somewhat less than amusing.

·
Registered
375 Posts

But then again, its abuse to make your kid stand in a corner or take their iphone away too...:roll::roll:
Yeah man...I can't count how many kids get away with literally murder.

I am not down with parents beating their children to a pulp, or sexually assaulting them at all..Groups like these are great support mechanisms for children who have been a victim of the above and are a great educational tool to help stem violence towards children.

Now my beef is with the people who will not let parents be parents. Over the years we've ran too far with "child protective services" and have handicapped parenting. When you have CPS called on you for yelling at your kid in public or smacking him/her on the ass for being blatantly disrepctful...that's called a nanny state..

Parents lose more and more control to bystanders and their own children all the time and you have idiots out there that feel that your child is truely not yours but the communities...Can't remember the crack pot that said that, but she felt that the community owned everyone's child and that the parents didn't have exclusive rights to them...

With all the regulations on parents and the fear that some of the state CPS thugs put into parents we end up with thug kids and disrespectful teenagers coming into adulthood and not knowing how to act.

·
Premium Member
1,897 Posts
BACA or MADD

I mentioned that organization to a smart azz at work who asked "is there an organization for Bikers FOR child abuse?"

No one asks this question when someone mentions MADD, Mothers Against Drunk Driving ("is there an organization called Mothers FOR Drunk Driving?").

And yes, everyone SHOULD be helping to prevent drunk driving and child abuse, but if some groups, be they Mothers, Sorry Muthus or Bikers step up to actively fight it, then more power to them. But it's especially cool to help protect kids because they are weak and easily abused by sick freaks.

·
Registered
751 Posts
I mentioned that organization to a smart azz at work who asked "is there an organization for Bikers FOR child abuse?"

No one asks this question when someone mentions MADD, Mothers Against Drunk Driving ("is there an organization called Mothers FOR Drunk Driving?").

And yes, everyone SHOULD be helping to prevent drunk driving and child abuse, but if some groups, be they Mothers, Sorry Muthus or Bikers step up to actively fight it, then more power to them. But it's especially cool to help protect kids because they are weak and easily abused by sick freaks.
Sadly, too many mothers (and fathers, brothers, friends, bartenders, etc.) help drunks get behind the wheel everyday. Sad as it is... But that's a different thread...

anyways, my point is that it should not be a noteworthy occasion when someone steps up to help abused kids, rather that should be the norm. We should all be doing that.

·
Premium Member
1,897 Posts
You are spot on. I agree 100%. Individuals have the ultimate responsibility for these things.

But organized groups sometimes help get people involved who may be sitting on the sidelines or they work with agencies to be able go further and do more than individuals can do by themselves.

I'm hoping this group can give me a chance to get off the sidelines and help out with families other than my own.

Sent from Motorcycle.com App

1 - 20 of 22 Posts