Honda Shadow Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
688 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Saturday afternoon I took a short ride. On the return home I noticed that the white mini van in front of me made an abrupt swerve slightly to the left as we approached a four way intersection with a traffic light. We had the red so traffic slowed down and as we approached the traffic light and came to a stop I was watching for (among other things) what in the world made the guy swerve.... and then I saw them!!!! Billiards!!!! All over the place, right, left, on the road, on the side of the road! Two new cardboard containers were laying on the road as well.... two whole sets of billiards. Because of the traffic and the highway I couldn't pull over and get them off of the road. Shortly therafter I came through in a cage and I was going to stop and remove them but someone had already taken care of it. It would be a very bad thing to hit one of those dead on on two wheels.... Bikes and Billiards don't mix!

Ron

G

·
Road pool!
Take a cue and sink the eight ball into the corner sewer drain
Players have to call their shots
Players feet may not touch the ground
Players lose points for crashing
Players must return balls after game
In the even players lose their "balls" a new set will be
provided at the discretion on the management

·
Registered
688 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Bikes and Billiards!

Crazy Dave..... your post gave me a good laugh to start the day, thanks!

Guys, it was the brightly colored balls that you play pool with! I don't know much about pool, I thought they were called billiards! I grew up in the sticks... there were no cue sticks, one neighbor had a pool table but we were only allowed to look at it. There was a pool hall up town (a town of about 3,000 and a 1 mile walk), but my dad told me if he ever saw me even on the same side of the street as the pool hall he'd whoop me but good! So my knowledge of "pool", "billiards" and all that is vastly lacking!

Anyhow, all I know is those bightly colored balls were all over the place. Foretunatley traffic was slowing down, if we were up to speed it would have been a real tense moment! I have seen all kinds of debri on the road... even a couple of pizza's... but this was the first time for finding pool balls on the road.

Ron

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.