Honda Shadow Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2005 Honda VTX 1300R
1,074 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Bikes, Blues & BBQ

Just curious who all is headed to BB&BBQ this year. This will be my 3rd year in a row heading down.

It's great riding and I love to see all of the bikes.

As a side note, if there's anyone who will be down there who wants to pass along the book of John Hopkins, I will most likely be bring it down with me so let me know. (Don't want the book to get stuck up here in Iowa for the winter.)

·
Registered
2005 Honda VTX 1300R
1,074 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yup, the roads there are great. It's like you can pick any road and it's a great motorcycle ride.

Wow... just one other person going?

·
Registered
166 Posts
I will be there. Been to every one since day one. I go because it is a short walk to the event. But I do take the bike.

·
Registered
2005 Honda VTX 1300R
1,074 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I had a great time down there.

Took a ride around Beaver Lake on Saturday that was just a fantastic ride.

Bikes were everywhere, of course, but I noticed that this year I seemed to see more during the weekdays and less on the weekends around Rogers. I also noticed that the Harley and Indian dealers in Rogers were busy while the Honda dealer was a ghost town.

At some point, it looks like my Long Ride Shield must have taken a hit from a rock. There's a mark in it and one of the tabs is broken. I also checked my oil after I got down there and found that I was almost a full quart low. Not sure what happened there. (And yes, I did check it before I left on the trip.) Didn't use any on the ride home. The bike ran great, though.

Weather was perfect the entire time I was down there, but it did try to rain on me a few times on the way home.

I am terrible at stopping to take pictures, but here are a couple I did manage to get.

After the 500 mile ride down.

I've taken a picture of my bike in this spot all 3 years I've been down to BB&BBQ so far. (One of these times I will line everything up better and choose a time of day with the sun in the right position to take a much nicer photo.) It's on top of Whitney Mountain overlooking Beaver Lake.

·
Registered
341 Posts
Had a great time over at BBandBBQ, 1100 miles or so. Test rode the Polaris Slingshot, Holy cow, that was a blast. Test drive one if you get the chance, you will not be sorry.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts