Honda Shadow Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

· Registered
13 Posts
I was also looking at some chumps, but ended up with another style of bar. Couple issues that you are going to run into are:1, the stock cables are probably going to be too short. 2, new handle bars are not going to be drilled. The stock control pod has a little pin that sticks out of the bottom and fits into a hole in the handlebars to keep everything inline.

The good news is that new cables are an easy, though not cheap fix. probably going to run a couple hundred dollars, maybe more, at your local shop to be re-wired. And as for the mounting... well in still haven't decided if i am going to try and drill the hole on my new bars are file of the pin on the control.

· Registered
1,105 Posts
While I can't speak about a VLX 600, on my ACE 1100, I was able to put on the Biltwell Keystone bars. I didn't need to extend any of the stock wiring or cables with those. If anything, I actually had more slack in the cables. I had thought about going with the Chumps, but wasn't sure if the stock cables and wiring would be long enough.

Either way, I've had two sets of Biltwell bars, and I've found them to be very well built. Compared to some other bars, they feel a lot more sturdy and well manufactured.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.