Honda Shadow Forums banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
1,200 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This is a fairly long video, but the BS starts at 2:40. Not too sure if it's been posted here before, but I've seen this a while ago, and it happened to show up in my fb news feed again today, so I decided to share. I dunno why I hit play on these videos. I know they're just gonna piss me off.
Maybe I'm just a glutton for punishment...
http://youtu.be/_BI-BoQE4rk

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Banned
5,100 Posts
This is a fairly long video, but the BS starts at 2:40. Not too sure if it's been posted here before, but I've seen this a while ago, and it happened to show up in my fb news feed again today, so I decided to share. I dunno why I hit play on these videos. I know they're just gonna piss me off.
Maybe I'm just a glutton for punishment...
http://youtu.be/_BI-BoQE4rk

Cops are like that all over the Country if you get under their skin. Obviously he got his Video Back.

·
Registered
1,200 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Cops are like that all over the Country if you get under their skin. Obviously he got his Video Back.

I understand that, but the dude did nothing wrong. He was ridin with the fellas having a good time, and the cop was looking for trouble. Just from the video alone you can see the rider was in the right. It's so annoying the power that is given to these badges.

·
Banned
5,100 Posts
I understand that, but the dude did nothing wrong. He was ridin with the fellas having a good time, and the cop was looking for trouble. Just from the video alone you can see the rider was in the right. It's so annoying the power that is given to these badges.

it can drive you crazy if you let it. I've always been a "You done me wrong and now your're gonna pay Guy", like Charles Bronson....
But today were expected to bend over and emasculate ourselves to underpaid and often underachievers who someone decided to give a Uniform.

Plus we didn't see the entire Video most likely, just the part the guy on the sport bike wanted us to see. But then there might not have been anything else otherwise the Cop would have had other charges besides the license plate (total) BS.

·
Registered
1,200 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
it can drive you crazy if you let it. I've always been a "You done me wrong and now your're gonna pay Guy", like Charles Bronson....
But today were expected to bend over and emasculate ourselves to underpaid and often underachievers who someone decided to give a Uniform.

Plus we didn't see the entire Video most likely, just the part the guy on the sport bike wanted us to see. But then there might not have been anything else otherwise the Cop would have had other charges besides the license plate (total) BS.

Yeah. I guess it's just my fault for pressing play. Either way I don't really have problems with the police. I try to keep a low profile. No reason to invite unnecessary headaches. Just not a fan of seeing people treated unfairly.

·
Banned
5,100 Posts
Yeah. I guess it's just my fault for pressing play. Either way I don't really have problems with the police. I try to keep a low profile. No reason to invite unnecessary headaches. Just not a fan of seeing people treated unfairly.

It was upsetting to watch.... i'm just hoping in light of all the allegations against Police throughout the country that stuff like in the Video will virtually stop sometime in our lifetime.
Street Cops are not paid that well yet we expect each Cop to behave in a professional lawful and reasonable manner. Kind of a dilemma. Its like how do you get good school teachers...

·
Registered
1,200 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
It is what it is.
Just gotta stop watching the news and videos alike lol
On another note there was a happening where this cop bought this young kid a meal at McDonald's and as he sat in his car (still in the parking lot) some thugs ran up and shot him dead. That little kid was the last person he spoke with. Twisted world we live in eh.

·
Banned
5,100 Posts
It is what it is.
Just gotta stop watching the news and videos alike lol
On another note there was a happening where this cop bought this young kid a meal at McDonald's and as he sat in his car (still in the parking lot) some thugs ran up and shot him dead. That little kid was the last person he spoke with. Twisted world we live in eh.

Thanks, that cheered me right up .....:roll::lol:

·
Registered
9,266 Posts
I'm sure a lot of the riders were enticing the cops before the video started and he was taking his frustration out on the one guy, fishing for anything he could to make himself feel better. Surely the rider fought it in court and hopefully the cop was reprimanded for being a little dramatic about the whole unobstructed plate thing. The whole thing is kind of chicken sh!t judging by what the video shows, but like I said what the it doesn't show could change the whole story.

Did the cop commit a crime? No. He followed the law.

Did the rider commit a crime? Yes. He had an unobstructed plate.

Did the cop overeact? Most certainly.

·
Registered
1,696 Posts
I'm sure a lot of the riders were enticing the cops before the video started and he was taking his frustration out on the one guy, fishing for anything he could to make himself feel better. Surely the rider fought it in court and hopefully the cop was reprimanded for being a little dramatic about the whole unobstructed plate thing. The whole thing is kind of chicken sh!t judging by what the video shows, but like I said what the it doesn't show could change the whole story.

Did the cop commit a crime? No. He followed the law.

Did the rider commit a crime? Yes. He had an unobstructed plate.

Did the cop overeact? Most certainly.
I wasn't sure, did the cop say he wanted the video for evidence?

I don't know what the law is in that situation, but it seems that personal property cannot be seized without a warrant. Maybe he saw something and had reason to believe there was evidence on the video, and in that circumstance he can take whatever he wants?

The licence plate I think is a violation if it is obstructed. I won't be stuffing my plate deep under the fender and at an angle.

·
Registered
9,266 Posts
I wasn't sure, did the cop say he wanted the video for evidence?

I don't know what the law is in that situation, but it seems that personal property cannot be seized without a warrant. Maybe he saw something and had reason to believe there was evidence on the video, and in that circumstance he can take whatever he wants?

The licence plate I think is a violation if it is obstructed. I won't be stuffing my plate deep under the fender and at an angle.
I never heard him say that he needed it for evidence,but he was off camera a lot and it could have been said then, or when he got back into the car. He has all the right to submit it into evidence. but I'm sure his reasoning is to have possession of it so it could not be used against him.

Not a dumb cop by any means, just a little frustrated.

·
Registered
96 Posts
Let me say that I was tempted to take a stand and try to defend the members of our chosen profession. In reflection, I realized that this isn't the appropriate forum, and I can't self appoint myself as a spokesperson for the over 130,000 current working, local, state, and federal, peace officers that are sworn to Protect and Serve. So, I won't even try.

I can say this: Yes, in law enforcement, as in every other profession, there are some persons who should not have been hired and have no business doing this job. As for myself, and the small circle of my coworkers, we take pride in our professionalism. Speaking only for us, law enforcement is not personal, it's just a business. If you obey the law, then we have no business with you.

·
Premium Member
8,878 Posts
My feelings about abuse of authority are pretty well documented, but even though the cop should be kicked off the job (IMPO) - I don't care if he was having a bad day or not - people acting like that don't deserve to wear the badge. But even though I think that the cop should be booted off the force - the guy on the bike was provoking that cop even before he had been pulled over - throwing up gestures to the cop while riding down the road and then he immediately went off on a tangent as soon as the cop got out the car..

Let's face it, the biker was asking for it..

Don't get me wrong, the cop should have been professional, should have ignored the biker's BS and written a ticket at worse.. But the biker was definitely acting like he wanted that ticket..

Nothing wrong with playing the game, the biker had the video after all. No need to be on that video acting like an ass(o).

I have friends and family on the force.. They will tell you the same thing.. There's good cops and bad cops, more good than bad, and the bad cops generally can't hack it for too long..

Had a friend, worked as police locally ...out of uniform, a really good guy.. In uniform, the guy was a psycho.. He lasted about a year on the job before he was made to quit.

Then, I know some really-Really cool cops too.. Just Regular People, who just want to help keep the peace; and they will try everything they can to accomplish that in the most positive ways possible..

They're the good guys you want to get pulled over by or show up when you need a little help..

Anyway, as is always the case, the bad lot of the litter screws it up for everyone else, so, at this point, I think it's high-time all cops wore a camera. Apparently they work pretty good for metering all parties interactions in a positive way.. And that is a better thing than not.

·
Registered
1,096 Posts
You just can't judge a group by an individual. Whether it's cops, soldiers, politicians (okay maybe politicians), Hell's Angels, priests, whatever...

You also can't judge an individual. Period. Every philosophy teaches this, and it's just common sense. No matter how despicable someone's actions may be, if you had their genes, their parents, their cultural circumstances, their beliefs, and then everything came together just right to trigger you...you could do it, too.

..."Just gotta stop watching the news and videos alike lol"... As far as the news, I saw a bumper sticker that said 'I don't believe the liberal media'. I think you could just change it to 'I don't believe the media'.

And Facebook, oh my God, don't get me started...

·
Registered
99' Valkyrie/North Central Indiana
9,575 Posts
1) I didn't see ANY turn signals used while lane changing from any of the riders. 2) The guy needed to be more respectful to the officer. 3) His plate is NOT properly/legally hanging. Didn't watch it past the dropping of the license on the ground because nothing good was going to come from this video with 3 strikes against the biker already and him recording it all. You right Aspire7 we shouldn't push the start button but we can push the off button as well. ;)

·
Registered
1,696 Posts
I'm interested in learning more about these philosophies that teach not to judge. By m observation, it seems a stark contrast to the American way.

The only time I got off a well-deserved ticket (~50 in a 35 and 4 wheel air time over the railroad crossing) was when I copped a bad attitude, and flung my license, at the officer. This was before the tazing and, "you must comply with any and all of my whimsical orders" mentality of our current local enforcement entity.

·
Registered
1,096 Posts
I'm interested in learning more about these philosophies that teach not to judge. By m observation, it seems a stark contrast to the American way.
I agree...

1 - 19 of 19 Posts