Honda Shadow Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

· Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ever participated? I've attended one in the past where a priest individually sprinkled each bike with water and said a prayer for the rider.

Now I'm tasked with helping to put one together for my protestant church. I've got some ideas but would like to know what you have liked or not liked with any where you were involved.

· Registered
1,831 Posts
The one I've attended (hosted by a Protestant church, but a non-demoninational event) is a nice simple affair with words and the Blessing, not for each bike/rider individually, but as a group.

A ride, and a picnic lunch to follow.

No charge and no pressure. Just a pleasant time. It's hosted in the church parking lot and the church is open during the event should anyone wish to drop by/in.

They have a pre-registration form available online. I guess it's to give them a heads-up of how many riders to prepare for, but they allow anyone to register on-site before the event starts. I'm sure some sort of registration is necessary, so the appropriate waivers can be signed. If you give them your email, they'll send a reminder the following year.

· Registered
1998 750 ACE
20,910 Posts
There are Several motorcycle ministries and ministers out there...
CMA members will bless you and your Bike anytime!
They are always around rallies...
Thunder Beach was the last blessing for my Ace...
I got the sticker! :D
Sporty was blessed at the Angel City Rally by Pastor Fred, but don`t recall affiliation...

Bless you,
Dennis

· Registered
107 Posts
We (riding chapter) have our own bb at a Catholic Church every year. When the priest relocated to a nearby parrish we followed him there. Really nice guy - blesses the bikes, says a prayer, and a related story. We pass the lid around and everybody contributes. We usually also attend a bb with a riding club that we're close with. I'm Protestant, but I'm assuming Christian bb's are relatively similar. Jewish, Muslim, etc.: I'd love to attend one :D !

· Read Only
2,714 Posts
I'm with CMA, and we do these 'Bike Blessings' all the time. We can do a general 'blessing' for the entire group, and then individual blessing, if people want them. No pressure. No 'preaching'. Just a prayer for the bike and rider/s, and we usually give a sticker with a tract, if people want it. Lots of folks like them, and have stickers from year after year on their bikes. Just depends on what you want. You might check to see if there is a CMA chapter in your area (got to cmausa.org website to find out), and ask them. I'm sure they'd be willing.

· Registered
99' Valkyrie/North Central Indiana
10,491 Posts
Well my bike and I had a prayer said for us on my last long ride last October. It rained the whole 130 mi. but all 6 of us returned to our homes unscathed and no incidents.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.