Honda Shadow Forums banner

Blocking the front wheel

659 views 3 replies 2 participants last post by  Spirit_1100 
#1 ·
Hello to everyone.
Im from Portugal and Just traded my previous xvs Dragstar 250 from 2003, to a Shadow VT750 C2 from 1997.
Everything is working just fine with the bike, but a I have a couple of questions that I would like to ask you guys.
First - How can I block the front wheel as I did with Dragstar?
Second - Does the Honda as a small room (as the Dragstar did) to store a reflecting jacket or a puncture repair sprayer?
Third - How much does this baby consumes at a 80 km - 100 km.

Thank you in advance to all answers.

Bruno Novo.
Bento nas Bentas!!!

#2 ·
bruno said:
Hello to everyone.
Im from Portugal and Just traded my previous xvs Dragstar 250 from 2003, to a Shadow VT750 C2 from 1997.
Everything is working just fine with the bike, but a I have a couple of questions that I would like to ask you guys.
First - How can I block the front wheel as I did with Dragstar?
Second - Does the Honda as a small room (as the Dragstar did) to store a reflecting jacket or a puncture repair sprayer?
Third - How much does this baby consumes at a 80 km - 100 km.

Thank you in advance to all answers.

Bruno Novo.
Bento nas Bentas!!!
Hello Bruno,

First off, welcome to the forum.

1) I am not sure what you mean by blocking the front wheel. Do you mean locking it...as a security measure? If so, there is a turn lock on the right side of the bike at the lower triple tree (where the forks pass to the handle bars). You use your ignition key to lock the handlebars to one side.

2) The Shadows do not have a storage box on them (except maybe the tool kit location but it is TINY!!) I would suggest looking at either saddlebags for your bike or possibly a toolbag (it goes on front of your bike below the headlight) or a sissy bar bag (if your bike has a sissy bar).

3) Your Shadow should get 23-25 km/L (55-60 mpg). So, to go 80-100 km, you should use a maximum of 4.5 L (approximately 1 Gal) of fuel.

Hope this helps.

Joe

#4 ·
Re: tool kit

bruno said:
Were is the tool kit?
Is it in those plastic parts beneath the rider seat?
And if so, how do I get them off? I don't want to try to force anything like It was happening to experiment (the reason I stopped)...
The tools should be behind the left side cover (below the seat). The cover should cover off by pulling on the upper part of it. It is held on by a rubber bushing. Once you have that off, you will see the tool kit box just in front of the battery. The owner's manual may be in there as well.

Good Luck.

Joe

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.