Honda Shadow Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
200 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My chrome doesnt look the greatest and it has some pitting so I'm looking to clean it up. I've searched through the forums and internet and pretty much narrowed it down to blue magic, autosol and neverdull. Still debating on which I should use, but I am sure any would suffice.

My question is, do i have to clean stuff like dirt/mud off first, or just apply on top and work it in?

Also, when is steel wool necessary and what kind should i use?

·
Registered
1,027 Posts
That Coke a Cola and fine steel wool trick gets the rust off. Happach (sp?) semi-chrome paste will shine it back better than anything else I have found.

Yeah, pitting isn't "cleanable" beyond what I just mentioned with the Coke.

Probably a good idea to wash off the rough stuff first.

·
Registered
730 Posts
Hey All™,
I had rough looking lower fork tubes on mine, and I use Flitz metal polish and 0000 steel wool. What I've found out is no matter what you use to get the shine, or sheen you're after, if you park it on concrete, it won't last long. I asked a "old biker" what he'd suggest, and he said keep it from making direct contact to the concrete. It didn't make sense, but I tried it and it works. I used to polish everything aluminum about every 3-4 months, and since I started parking it on some extra plywood I had, I haven't had to polish in close to a year. A friend parks his on a rubber mat which also works. So, after you get it looking like you want it, don't park it on concrete or you'll be wasting your time.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts