Honda Shadow Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1999 VT1100C2 A. C. E.
9,219 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The 9th annual Solstice Rally will feature riding the length of the Blue Ridge Parkway over 3 days. An optional 4th-day ride will be a loop that includes Tail of the Dragon and the Cherohala Skyway with lunch at Tellico Kat's Deli.

o Ride starts the morning of Wednesday, 19 Jun in Waynesboro, VA at Quality Inn on West Broad St.
o Day 1 ends / Day 2 (Thursday, 20 Jun) begins in Floyd, VA at Hotel Floyd.
o Day 2 ends / Day 3 (Friday, 21 Jun) begins in Linville Falls, NC at Linville Falls Lodge & Cottages.
The BRP ride will end in Cherokee, NC about the middle of Friday afternoon.

For the optional Saturday, 22 Jun ride, Friday will end in Robbinsville, NC at Two Wheel Inn.

·
Registered
17 Posts
adlowe,
Did you end up doing this ride? Sounds like a good one for the list of rides to do. I've ridden a little riding on the Skyline Drive around Big Meadows.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1999 VT1100C2 A. C. E.
9,219 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yes, we did the ride. (My 4th end-to-end run on the BRP.) Nine riders. GREAT time. Weather was about as good as it gets -- only 20 minutes of rain over the 4 days.

Next up is the ECR in Cooperstown, New York. Not sure if that's been posted here yet. Not sure if it's worth the effort.

·
Registered
11,115 Posts
Yes, we did the ride. (My 4th end-to-end run on the BRP.) Nine riders. GREAT time. Weather was about as good as it gets -- only 20 minutes of rain over the 4 days.

Next up is the ECR in Cooperstown, New York. Not sure if that's been posted here yet. Not sure if it's worth the effort.

May not be, but I might be able to pop up to Cooperstown for the day and meet some of the group. Depends on dates, coverage at work. If you care to, pm me the particulars or post it. Thanks.

·
Registered
1999 VT1100C2 A. C. E.
9,219 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
ECR dates are September 12th through 15th at the Bayside Inn on Lake Otsego. Paulie and I will be riding up together from Franklin, WV with route and travel days TBD.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts