Honda Shadow Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Premium Member
881 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
wife and I got a couple of days on the brp some pics. went up to medows of dan was planning on riding the northern part but wifes shoulder was hurting her so we went south. rode the 5 rock church's tour around Mabry mills 2 are next to parkway 1 about 2 miles off and 2 further away about a 70 mile trip. about 10 miles on gravel roads. there's a book out about the rock churches called the man who moved a mountain, about the rev. Robert Childers. a side note about the book, in it they talk about a trial involving the allen family that was my grandmothers family. had a good ride.

Attachments

·
Registered
3,091 Posts
Looks like fun,,,Nice pics. I am really looking forward to getting up that way, its been too long.

·
Registered
16,554 Posts
I mentioned we might get a local to the area, to put together a couple rides routes for our "Dragon days" HSN get together...
I might suggest you come up with a few suggestions for us...
You`re in them hills all the time, eat at the trash dumps and finer food choices and have these experiences, for an educated/ experienced evaluation...
Would you do this for us @chevyman_ky

·
Registered
2,225 Posts
If you have the time, a great ride is to do the entire BRP and the Shanendoah National Park above it. It will take a few days, there are plenty of great camping spots and enough eateries just off the Parkway to make it easy enough, if you plan your trip in advance. Jim

·
Registered
16,554 Posts
Traveling what portions of the BRP I`ve been on is GREAT!!!
However my travels only limited to GA,SC NC TN etc..
IF they`re part of BRP?? I Can`t remember where it runs ;)
Might be Appalacian trail I`m thinking of ??
BUT BRP in it`s entirety is one of my upcoming rides, then I`ll KNOW:D

Lets Ride,
D

·
Premium Member
881 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
If you have the time, a great ride is to do the entire BRP and the Shanendoah National Park above it. It will take a few days, there are plenty of great camping spots and enough eateries just off the Parkway to make it easy enough, if you plan your trip in advance. Jim
that was the plan we have ridden from medows of dan south went there to ride north but we both are a little under the weather. was wanting to ride north but she felt to bad so we went south and back home early. guess that means we will have to make another trip.

·
Premium Member
881 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I mentioned we might get a local to the area, to put together a couple rides routes for our "Dragon days" HSN get together...
I might suggest you come up with a few suggestions for us...
You`re in them hills all the time, eat at the trash dumps and finer food choices and have these experiences, for an educated/ experienced evaluation...
Would you do this for us @chevyman_ky
a lot of good roads around the area if some other riders go that haven't been in the area they would want to do the dragon so that needs to be on the list I like riding over the foothills parkway then thru townsend up to the sugarland visitor center then across the mountain, at top of mountain is a road that goes to the highest point in nc good little road its a 1/2 mile hike from parking lot to top but on a clear day well worth the hike. go down mountain to Cherokee and then back probably a all day trip.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts