Honda Shadow Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am working on a '02 ACE donor and bobbing it. I just installed a new E-Tank from TJBrutalcustoms.com. I have quite the spaghetti mess of wires now and I would really like to ditch what is not needed. I am running a stock headlight, autozone generic brake/license light, and no turn signals. I do have some LED turns that I might put on later, but not at this time. I am not running any extra electrical components. I switched over to a smaller AGM LIPO battery. I do have the wiring diagram, but I am looking for some one who has more expertise than I to let me know what I can ditch and what has to stay to run.

Attachments

·
Registered
11 Posts
Idk if your bike has any of these, I haven't seen an ACE in my life, but I know people disabled overdrive, clutch and neutral switches in other shadows. You can start with that. The low fuel or fuel gauge is something a lot of people can also live without.

·
Premium Member
2,612 Posts
First order of business is to find the bare minimum necessary to make the motor run.

If it has a fuel pump, you'll need to keep that circuit. Lights are not required to keep the motor running. The bike will not run without a sidestand switch or a neutral switch because if the Ignition Control Module doesn't see either the sidestand up, or the bike in neutral, it won't fire the plugs.

·
Registered
1,715 Posts
As long as the ICM sees the wire that should be to the side stand switch grounded it should run without it.
IIRC neutral start is the same, but you might want to keep that anyway.

Depending on where you live, the various safety interlock switches and lights may be required for a permit inspection if the bike is not already licensed.
Something to think about before simplifying.

·
Premium Member
2,612 Posts
As long as the ICM sees the wire that should be to the side stand switch grounded it should run without it.
IIRC neutral start is the same, but you might want to keep that anyway.

Depending on where you live, the various safety interlock switches and lights may be required for a permit inspection if the bike is not already licensed.
Something to think about before simplifying.

That's a good point about the ICM seeing the ground. Just for the hell of it, I may gather up the wiring diagrams and draw up the absolute minimum wiring needed to start and run the bike.

As for why the original poster replaced his battery with a smaller one has me stumped because the things he wants disconnected do not really have much in the way of current requirements.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Battery switch was required due to the removal of the stick under seat battery/ wiring. I switched to an aftermarket electrics tank and got the small LiPo battery which mounts into the small gap in the bottom of the frame. Im also relocating ignition button and kill switch to the side if the E-tank. Not sure if u should trace all my wires back to the battery, or just take the whole mess out and start from scratch. I'm really hoping someone on here has done this before and can get me going in the right direction

·
Premium Member
2,612 Posts
Battery switch was required due to the removal of the stick under seat battery/ wiring. I switched to an aftermarket electrics tank and got the small LiPo battery which mounts into the small gap in the bottom of the frame. Im also relocating ignition button and kill switch to the side if the E-tank. Not sure if u should trace all my wires back to the battery, or just take the whole mess out and start from scratch. I'm really hoping someone on here has done this before and can get me going in the right direction

What is an electrics tank?

·
Premium Member
2,612 Posts

I started putting together some diagrams starting with the minimum amount of wiring and hookups you will need to do what you want.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
thanks for all the help

Thanks for all the posts and comments with the exception of the jack ass who has nothing better to do that comment on my lack of gratitude; because I don't have other things that require my time other than scrolling through these threads... Again, genuinely grateful for all the help from the community.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts