Honda Shadow Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Greetings All. Just purchased a 2002 Honda Shadow Sabre (VT1100C2). A general question I have is how compatible are bolt on accessories between the bikes of the VT1100?? series. Would a windshield for a VT1100 Shadow Spirit would work on a VT1100C. Is there a model year range where nothing really changed on these bikes...i.e. 2000-2004 or something like that. Any info would be greatly appreciated. Thank you again.

lawmac

·
Registered
2,530 Posts
I would say it had to do with the parts you were wanting to interchange.

The windshield itself would be the same but the mounting hardware would be different. The Spirit 1100 does not have covers on the upper tubes where the Sabre does have them. The Aero 1100 also has the tube covers but I am not familiar enough with the mounting hardware between the two to know if they will interchange.

The manufacturer's website will show which mounting hardware will work on the different models and you should be able to tell which one would work on your bike.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thank You

Thank you for that information. I guess then the big question is then bolt-on capability on year models then. I have a Volusia and the parts are the same from 01-04 and even on even most parts on up to 07 on a C-50. Thank you again.

·
Registered
2,530 Posts
For that matter, as long as the part is for a Sabre, then you are good through all production years on the Sabre. The Sabre first came on the scene (as the V-Twin) in 2000. As far as I know, there have been no changes to the bike since then.

Hope this helps.

Joe

1 - 6 of 6 Posts