Honda Shadow Forums banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
1,057 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
never liked the cobra drag pipes that came with my bike. sounded weak and splatty. wasn't a fan of the look either, but I could deal w/ that.

always intended to either find some stockers cheap or invest in some nicer pipes. found a brand new set of Hard Krome Classic Straights for $200 on fleabay. installed them Saturday. very nice high quality piece of hardware. excellent chrome. looks fantastic and sounds great. much deeper rumble. ballsy when opened up.

yesterday was nice out and took her out for a ride. a bit loud. but in my experience once a bit of carbon builds up on them, they'll tone down a touch.

i took some pix, but my **** camera wont load on the 'puter. so i'll have to figure that out.

·
Registered
1,027 Posts
Figure out that camera, upload em to photobucket, and let's see those saddlebags while yer at it!

·
Registered
1,057 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Oh i have pix already. i just need a new usb card reader. My old one went belly up. i'll pick up a new reader when i get to town and upload to my flickr.

·
Registered
1,057 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Pics or it didnt happen!
OK. i know the rules. haha. used the wife's 'puter and got the pix downloaded off the camera.

DEFINITELY like the HKs look better than the cobras that came w/ the bike.

·
Registered
578 Posts
So if I am thinking of getting the Hard Kromes myself. If I am also considering the Hard Kore baffles, do I still need to get the American Classics or would the Strippers be just as good since i wouldn't be using the endcaps with the Hard Kores (or would I?) Yes, the HK look much better than the Cobra Slash cuts!

·
Registered
1,026 Posts
the only difference between the classic straights and the strippers is the straights come from factory with end caps and strippers do not. The Hard Kore baffles for the straights fit inside the end caps so that you do not see them from side view. The baffles for the strippers almost look like end caps. The baffles are the same price so if you haven't ordered pipes yet, go with the strippers and save yourself the extra costs of end caps that you pay for with the straights. Since the pipes already on my bike when purchased are the straights, I had to go with the inside baffles and I had to modify them slightly to get them to fit. I've uploaded some videos of before and after I installed the baffles. I didn't let the bike fully warm up so it may not sound like my bike runs smoothly, but it does. Hope these help you.
Ron

·
Registered
1,057 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
**** dude. is your saddlebag resting on the pipe? it looks like it.

·
Registered
1,057 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
yeah i hear you. was doing the same with some small black leather bags until i got the LLs. just be careful when putting something w/ weight in the right side bag that it doesn't go lower. won;t be fun getting the burnt off your nice pipes.

·
Registered
3,537 Posts
hk makes the best pipes imo. you can't go wrong with 'em!

1 - 20 of 20 Posts