Honda Shadow Forums banner
1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
Registered
6,153 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've noticed, since I stopped wearing a fullface helmet and gone to either a half or none at all, that I tend to have boogers grow in my nose at a faster rate than normal. It seems that, after a full day of riding, I can pull out two or three massive sized boogers whereas, if I'm inside working for the same time period, I'm lucky to get even one small one on the tip of my pinky fingernail.

Now, my question is, what should I do with the large boogers that I pull out while riding? I mean, eating them is just disgusting but, it would seem that indiscriminately flicking them into traffic might pose somewhat of a safety hazard as well. Might even lead to harsh words or an asskicking if one was to hit the windshield of a passing car.

So, I'm kinda at a loss here as to what to do. Any help is much appreciated.

·
Registered
1,385 Posts
That my friend is a puzzler for sure. I lean more towards the flicking side but I'm funny that way.

I wish you well you in your pursuit of knowledge and understanding on this topic. Perhaps someone with more knowledge than myslef on this topic will chime in.

·
Registered
12,291 Posts
Usually, I just wipe them on the edge of my windshield. If they then fly off, I feel a little less guilty than if I "flicked" it off and perhaps causing a problem for other motorists. If it stays, then I just leave it there for "bragging rights".

·
Registered
7,541 Posts
:shock: Hmmmmm...booger problem eh? Wellllll...you’ve come to the right place! Lot of booger experts here. J Tee, from what I understand, is a Master Booger Picker and highly respected in the field.
I get most of my boogers while cleaning the barn. Dusty old barns produce, in a short period of time, massive black/dark brown boogers. If you leave them in too long...they become hard and will make your nose bleed when “pick axed” out. If you get them in time you can fill nail holes or cracks with them. When dry...boogers can easily be sanded and painted. :-D

I ride with no face shield or helmet...but booger production has never been a problem. Now...sometimes I'll spit a "smurf" and the little guy will hang on to my lip, stretch around the side of my head and stick his feet in my ear. :lol::lol:...:shock:

·
Premium Member
11,278 Posts
I'll take my brother the Right Rev. Markspike's approach in using the windshield, which is a similar method my little brother used when he was watching tv as a kid, he'd wipe em on the underside of whatever chair he was sitting in. :mrgreen:

Using this windshield method gives you either bragging rights later in certain crowds, or if in fairer company, you can claim bugs.

·
Registered
1,172 Posts
Judge the distance of the cage behind you... and flick it up the precise force to hit the windshield square in the middle of the driver's side. Watch your mirror and after a while you may get pretty good at it. more points if there is a convertible behind you and you catch the driver in the forehead.

What the heII are we talkin about anyway.

·
Administrator
1997 Valkyrie Standard
11,155 Posts
Really starting to drag the bottom of the barrel for topics to post about. Oh well I guess it's better than another helmet/pipe/gear/mean Harley thread.:roll:

1 - 20 of 42 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.