Honda Shadow Forums banner
1 - 20 of 45 Posts

·
Registered
296 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a pair of harness boots that are great for riding, but not much for standing. Work boots are much better for standing, but suck for riding. I was looking at Chippewa engineers boots, but not sure how they would be for standing. So looking for the best of both, I know we have some PGR members here, what boots do you wear?

·
Registered
3,537 Posts
hardly ever wear boots.

i wear chuck taylors durin' the summer and chuck taylors with two pairs of socks durin' the colder months.

i'll wear boots every once in a while when i go on long trips and when it is super cold, they are just regular old work boots, nothin' fancy.

·
Registered
563 Posts
I wear a pair of harley relief boots. They are super comfy. Only piece of harley gear I have, so don't go thinking I'm a goober or something. I shopped around for a ton of boots, and was even looking at combat boots. These just fit the best and the price was pretty decent (I got them for around $110).

·
Registered
15 Posts
I'm sporting the Icon Super Duty 4 boots, great design and quality. Paid less than $100 and I've been using them for 5+ years now

·
Registered
25 Posts
Well, I prefer my cowboy boots so I got them resoled with a full Vibram sole and now wear them exclusively. Better fit and more comfortable than the motorcycle boots I have had.

·
Registered
561 Posts
I wear a pair of Wolverines...feet still feel good after riding, and if Heather and I end up somewhere where we can do a little hiking, still comfy for that.

·
Registered
1,340 Posts
I wear Double H harness boots. soft leather and feel great the first time I put them on. I also wear them for work and they still feel good at the end of the day.
The best part is they cost me about $90.00 and I get 1 1/2 to 2 years wear out of them as a truck mechanic.

·
Registered
1,026 Posts
I wear Ariat ropers for short about town rides. My wife has several pair of Ariats and she convinced me to try them. Very comfortable. I also have a pair of RBS steel toe service boots I picked up at Big 5 for $27 that I'll wear if going out for a day of riding. They are reasonably comfortable for all day wear and good for riding. I notice a lot of Firemen, Police and EMT's wear this boot.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Corbin Boots

I don't know if Corbin still makes boots. I have a pair and they are very comfortable. The best riding boots I've seen. I highly recommend them. You can wear them all day, riding and walkingl

·
Registered
2,286 Posts
Believe it or not, I decided to enter the boot world about 2 weeks ago. I went to Wal-mart and got a pair of Steel-toed Brahma boots. 20$ later, a more comfortable ride, and I wear them during my 10 hour shift at work.

·
Registered
1,495 Posts
Brand, style, etc, doesn't matter.
What matters is that if FITS, and that the soles are oil resistant so you don't drop the bike when you are at a gas station with slippery ground.
Dan

·
Registered
136 Posts
Use to have a 10 year old pair of wolverines but they just looked to ratty so I bought a new pair of sketchers. I love the look and the feel. If I remember correctly they were called zenith brindle. They don't have laces and double as a "nice" work boot for a business casual environment.

·
Registered
1,027 Posts
Agree with OnconeeDan. I wear Catapillar oiled work boots because lugs work best when backing on gravel and I don't give a schit how it looks as long as (a) they are comfortable and (b) have a good grip. Prefer to keep the shiny parts up to looking cool.

1 - 20 of 45 Posts