Honda Shadow Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
292 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm looking to install mine tomorrow, but I've had issues with getting my hand behind it to get the two bolts on. Any easy way to go about it?

Also, anyone have theirs tinted? I'm thinking of doing that to go with the all black.

Thanks for any input. Great forum here!

·
Registered
292 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks elfnyc!

·
Registered
292 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks to the paint suggestion from RBinTex; got my screen painted black and installed it today. Took it out for a good ride this evening. Sure makes the wind hit my forehead more than without the screen, but I like it anyhow.

·
Registered
208 Posts
Looks like potential safety issue...
How do you figure that? It is just barely tall enough to keep the wind off your speedometer, it is just about on a level with my belly button. LOL!

I have been running mine blackened out for over a year now without a thought that I was creating a safety problem.

·
Registered
208 Posts
Thanks to the paint suggestion from RBinTex; got my screen painted black and installed it today. Took it out for a good ride this evening. Sure makes the wind hit my forehead more than without the screen, but I like it anyhow.
Looks sweet, you did a good job on it and it looks like mine when it was new.

Now take some of that black left over paint and do the speedo housing! :-D
The way it should have been from the factory.

My valve covers are next. :grin:

·
Registered
292 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Looks like potential safety issue...
It really is low. I can see perfectly clear over it. The only thing is it pushes a lot of wind up toward my brow and makes it noisy in my 3/4 helmet.

·
Registered
3,537 Posts
i like the blacked out windshields. my dad has one on his suzuki 1500 intruder. i'm thinkin' about blackin' out a small windshield on my vtx too sometime.

·
Registered
98 Posts
The only issue I had with installing is that a normal size wrench was too long. I used a shortened wrench to tighten.
(The screen in the picture is a national cycle windscreen, I put the boulevard screen on in warm weather)

1 - 12 of 12 Posts