Honda Shadow Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
837 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Over the years Many people, kids & adults have asked me. " Why did you become a Police Officer?" And my answer has always been.." because I flunked the Fire fighters test"....JK LOL

I think most of us as young boys,,,girls even had dreams of being a Fire MAN Fire Fighter get to ride that big red Fire Truck....I remember in the 2nd grade the Fire Dept. came to my school and showed us a "film strip"(remember those?) about fire safety and Don't play with Matches...
then we all got to climb on that Big Red Fire Truck, even got to ring the bell,,,,how Cool was THAT!!!

Well some 50 years later My dream will come true today at 3:eek:opm

I will be Santa and will be sworn in as an Honorary Fire Fighter. Then I will Mount UP with all my toys,and get to ride in the BIG RIG CODE #1 to a Childrens home, where I will spread good will & cheer & gifts to the little ones..
I've done the "Santa " visits many times but always in a Police car or on my Police Motorcycle...and that was just OK ... but you know you've made the Big Time when you arrive in a Fire Truck!!!! LOL

So now you know one of my Many Boyhood Dreams WILL come true

and YES Virginia there IS a Santa......

·
Registered
1,678 Posts
Congratulations and keep up the "Good Work"! Doesn't get any better than that!

·
Registered
2,785 Posts
It's always nice to give back to your community. After 30 yrs of being a police officer, this yr I have decided that I am going to volunteer and assist the Salvation Army. This is how I'd would like to give something back to my community.

·
Registered
837 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Ok I'm back,,and I'd like to share some things I learned from my "Fire fighter Santa" experience:

#1) cars get out of the WAY when you're in a fire truck blasting the horn ect ect...they Don't always do that for Police cars, but for some reason they WILL for BIG RED.

#2) Hot Chocolate always taste Better when a Child puts a Candy Cane in it and gives it to you...

#3) No matter how tough you think you are....a child will ALWAYS cut through that ARMOR and touch your heart, put a smile on your face and a tear in your eye.

#4) Sometimes a 3 year old gets SOOOO excited (or scared) they PEE on

Sants's lap...

I had a GREAT time....next week I'll be doing the " Santa Cop" at a near by shelter.

·
Premium Member
4,575 Posts
Wow Great Story, Glad you had such a Good Time with it. Merry Christmas :)

·
Registered
11,102 Posts
Very nice.

We need a Santa (Officer Friendly) pic. Come on.......

·
Registered
23,171 Posts
Ok I'm back,,and I'd like to share some things I learned from my "Fire fighter Santa" experience:

#1) cars get out of the WAY when you're in a fire truck blasting the horn ect ect...they Don't always do that for Police cars, but for some reason they WILL for BIG RED.

#2) Hot Chocolate always taste Better when a Child puts a Candy Cane in it and gives it to you...

#3) No matter how tough you think you are....a child will ALWAYS cut through that ARMOR and touch your heart, put a smile on your face and a tear in your eye.

#4) Sometimes a 3 year old gets SOOOO excited (or scared) they PEE on

Sants's lap...

I had a GREAT time....next week I'll be doing the " Santa Cop" at a near by shelter.
I like them all but I like#2 the best

·
Registered
768 Posts
Well congrats at fulfilling your boyhood dream, and it sounds like you had more fun than the kids...
And now you can now cross that one off your bucket list..!!!

·
Registered
1,512 Posts
Congrats, that should be a really great day

·
Registered
7,541 Posts
:shock: I...I always wanted to be an Archeologist but ended up being an Accountant. Well...at least they both start with the letter A. :mrgreen:

Sounds like you had a great time being Santa AND riding on the big red! :mrgreen:

1 - 16 of 16 Posts