Honda Shadow Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So, I started hearing some noise from the front of my 2000 ace 750, I thought it was the wheel bearing, so I put it in the air to check it out. The bearings seem to be tight and good, so I determined the noise is coming from the brakes. There is plenty of pad left and the rotor is in good shape, what would cause the brakes to drag slightly and make the noise?? Thanks in advance, Dan.

·
Registered
748 Posts
Could be that the piston in the caliper is hanging up. Take the caliper off. You should be able to push the piston(s) back in with your thumb. If you can't you may need to take the caliper apart and clean things up or possibly rebuild it. Not a tough job.

Dave

·
Registered
2,935 Posts
Maybe a pebble stuck in the wear indicator groove of the pad?

·
Registered
5,377 Posts
Buzzing or Squeaking/grinding Noise. Buzzing is the rotors, and is normal.

·
Registered
256 Posts
Yesterday I started getting a buzz from the front brake all the time, some with the brake released, more with the brake applied. And the brake lever was kind of stiff. I lubed the brake lever and the stiffness went away, along with the buzzing while the brake was released. It still buzzes some with the brake applied, which I think is normal with cross-drilled rotors.

·
Registered
183 Posts
I asked my dealership the same thing about my brake noise when brakes are not applied and they said it's very normal. Something to do with constant pressure and all the holes on the rotor or something like that :-?. Let me know if you need more of my expert technical advice :cool:.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts