Honda Shadow Forums banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all,

I was wondering if anyone had a particular brand in mind? I have been looking line on amazon and they have reasonable prices.

Any suggestions for pads for the front wheel?

Thanks,

Chris

·
Registered
1998 750 ACE
20,680 Posts
Local motorcycle shop & auto supplies have my pads in stock...
Check them first = I like to keep my money in town businesses IF Possible...

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Just orderd some EBC Brakes FA196 Disc Brake Pad Set off of Amazon. I'll let you all know how they work out! They'll be here next week on my gf's bday funny enough....I should tell her that is what I got her for her bday! LOL

Thanks for all the help,

Chris

·
Registered
11,266 Posts
Hello all,

I was wondering if anyone had a particular brand in mind? I have been looking line on amazon and they have reasonable prices.

Any suggestions for pads for the front wheel?

Thanks,

Chris
Check your rotor / rotors also. Check for scoring, glazing, and check runout and make sure it is within spec. Even a little out of spec and you can have vibration and pulsing issues.

Easy to swap out....make sure you check a service manual for the torque specs AND which Loctite to use.

·
Registered
83 Posts
EBC HH pads come "sintered" (gray color) and "copper sintered" (copperish color).

Those both say "sintered" HH or "double H" in the name but they're 2 different models.

I was told the "copper sintered HH" might be a little better than the "regular sintered HH."
Don't have enough experience to judge whether that's true.

On my 750 Shadow Spirit in the photo I'm using:
EBC Brakes FA196HH Sintered Copper Alloy Disc Brake Pads

(Discovering how cheap disc brake pads are has changed how I drive. I've quit downshifting to engine-brake so much like I used to - - - brake pads are much cheaper than clutches and transmissions.)

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.