Honda Shadow Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

· Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone ever installed "Caltric" brakes shoes and pads for their Shadow Aero 750? If so how well did they work/last. Any problems with them?

Need to replace my pads and shoes but the Dealer wants a like 80.00 for Honda Brand.

· Registered
322 Posts
I have not used this dot com store but a quick review of Amazon.com feedback 95% positive, 1% neutral, 4%negative. Read what Caltrics put on their own website below... Do you really want products that are openly sold as inferior responsible for your safety? I go by the old adage, you get what you pay for.

FAQ
How the aftermarket parts compare with originals?

The quality of OEM units is supperior to aftermarket units but these are good too the defect rate is around %1-%2 which is the very good in part business.

· Registered
2001 Valkyrie I/S
7,138 Posts
You don't say what year but I would suggest looking for organic shoes and pads on E-bay, you'll be more than happy with them.

· Registered
99' Valkyrie/North Central Indiana
10,482 Posts
OEM or EBC organics. I use EBC as replacement but mileage/wear on EBC, I can't testify to yet as I sold the Spirit with 12,000 mi. on them and the Valk just got replaced last season. OEM in both cases lasted 22,000 + miles.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.