Honda Shadow Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
New rider, New Member, First post.

Riding an 05 shadow VT750 Spirit

Just got this bike a few weeks ago and have been fixing it up: chain/sprockets, fuel filter, plugs, cleaned carbs.
well after a couple days of taking it to work, a few people told me I had zero tail lights, running or break light (oops). Decided to just replace the whole light assembly which had previously been damaged. Ordered a light from Amazon which seems to be in working order. Wired it all up, running light works, but when I apply breaks (front or rear) it doesn’t work. I switched the yellow/green with the brown wire and determined that it is not the new break light itself which is the problem. Is there something simple I’m missing? I have a wiring diagram but I’m not very good with electrical issues. Could it be both of the switches? Maybe a bad wire? I don’t want to go digging into the wire bundles quite yet. Thanks for any advice/tips/help so I don’t get rear ended.

·
Registered
1983 Honda vt750 Shadow
17,211 Posts
Maybe a fuse? Check those first.
If you have test light or meter, see if there is battery voltage on the brown wire for the tail lights with key on.
And power on the green/yellow when you push the brake pedal.
If not go up stream to the connectors on the fender.

Attachments

·
Registered
2001 Valkyrie I/S
6,434 Posts
I once had a bike that the brake pedal switch got so far out of adjustment that the brake light was always on and I at first thought it was just a bright tailight.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts