Honda Shadow Forums banner
1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone swaped out their stock yellow headlight bulb with a nice bright white one??

How does it look?
What brand did you use?

Thanks.

·
Registered
865 Posts
I swapped mine for a Sylvania Silverstar and I highly recommend it. The wattage isn't high enough to cook any wiring and it's a lot whiter light.

·
Registered
336 Posts
Yeah, Silverstar is great. Not really any more light output, just at a different wavelength that lights up better for us humans!

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
morepower said:
I swapped mine for a Sylvania Silverstar and I highly recommend it. The wattage isn't high enough to cook any wiring and it's a lot whiter light.
Is it as simple as just taking out the old bulb, and putting in the new?

How much??

·
Registered
921 Posts
I bought a Sylvania Silverstar today. Before I take it ou of the package help me with one thing please: I have a vt1100 Spirit. Is the H4ST 60/55 the proper bulb? I could have sworn I read other posts here that recommended a 55/65 intensity bulb. Thanks

·
Registered
336 Posts
jon

Just check a spare in my garage, it's 60/55W. Don't know if there's also a 55/65, but you'd probably never notice the difference between them anyway.

Gumpy

·
Registered
336 Posts
jon,

Double check your owners manual or repair manual (if you have one, if you don't, GET ONE), but I believe just about all bikes take the H4, or for the SilverStar, H4ST.

Gumpy

·
Registered
25 Posts
I did this as well if you haven't yet you will love it.. I disagree how ever that its not brighter, I believe that it is. They hold up well to a modulator as well.. still going strong. I got 6 for my cage..Now I can really light up the night!

·
Registered
231 Posts
Fox Fader said:
You hard core riders (if you don't know) the silverstars don't last very long, that's just the way they are.
I'm going to try the Silverstar, but I see you're right. Their site says it is good for 150 hours. Really that's not much. You could go through 2-3 a year depending how much you ride

·
Registered
59 Posts
Put a PIAA in mine 130watt high beam, I big improvement over stock. Next time I'll get HID lights though, three times the light and only pulls 35watts. :)

·
Registered
2,902 Posts
just looked back at my old posts-- I put in a H4 Silverstar on 02/11/07-- bright light just burned out yesterday. That's not too bad..... 5 months....just went to Walmart and they didn't have it, will have to go to auto store. I will have a replacement today for sure!

1 - 20 of 31 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.