Honda Shadow Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
534 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Our prayers and best wishes go out to Phillip Contos and his family.
It is so difficult to lose someone close......we send our love to those hurt by his accident.
Please send them love and light in your meditations.

One person killed in motorcycle crash
By: YNN Staff

LAFAYETTE, N.Y. -- Police say a motorcyclist believed to be participating in a helmet protest ride died from head injuries after he crashed his bike on Route 11 in the Town of Onondaga. It happened around 1:30 pm Saturday.
State troopers say Philip Contos, 55, of Parish was traveling south with a large group of motorcycles when he hit his brakes, began fishtailing and lost control. Contos was ejected over the handlebars. He was pronounced dead at Upstate University Hospital.
Police say through their investigation, they believe Contos would have survived had he been wearing a helmet. State law requires all motorcyclists to wear helmets, and police are reminding everyone to be extra cautious out on the roadways this holiday weekend.

·
Registered
2,006 Posts
It's sad to hear of a death, whether by motorcycle or other means. This hits home here though.
Unfortunately the powers that be will use this as a poster for the enforcement of helmet laws.

I know wearing a helmet can save your life. I've seen it first hand. But what they don't say is that wearing a helmet can cost you your life (in certain circumstances). Also, the damage you can receive while wearing a helmet can cost you your life, even though you survive.

The rider that died in this instance was protesting the nanny law of required helmets. I commend him for his commitment to a cause.

My thoughts go to his family and friends.

·
Registered
561 Posts
My prayers and thoughts to his family and friends..

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.