Honda Shadow Forums banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
815 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Started riding a motorcycle in my early 20s and one of the things that has always been on my bucket list was to still be riding a motorcycle when I'm in my 70s. Well, today is my 70th birthday and the temp is in the low 60s so i put on my gear and took a nice ride. Don't know if it was because it's something i had been planning on doing for years or what but today's ride was extremely enjoyable.

·
Registered
23,171 Posts
Yeah I got some miles on me
yeah I've been around
sure I got some dents and dings
but I ain't slowing down
I'll take each day as it comes
I'll do what I can to survive
and I'll put those two wheels
in the wind and sun
because it makes me feel
so alive

Here's to more years in the wind my friend..ride on!

·
Registered
354 Posts
Beautiful bike too. Now it's time to make another promise to yourself and set another goal. 80?

·
Registered
3,192 Posts
Congrats on 50 years of riding. A half a century man, thats a huge accomplishment. Beautiful ride.
Keep on riding!

·
Registered
3,192 Posts
Started riding a motorcycle in my early 20s and one of the things that has always been on my bucket list was to still be riding a motorcycle when I'm in my 70s. Well, today is my 70th birthday and the temp is in the low 60s so i put on my gear and took a nice ride. Don't know if it was because it's something i had been planning on doing for years or what but today's ride was extremely enjoyable.
So I'm guessing that's not you on the Shadow in your Sig:). Grand daughter maybe?

·
Registered
190 Posts
Happy Birthday from one old guy to another.

·
Premium Member
3,352 Posts
Happy Birthday! and Congratulations.

Just over two years away from the 50-years-riding mark, here.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Happy Birthday! I'm a new ride in my mid 30's and hope I'm able to ride for a long time.

·
Registered
325 Posts
Happy Birthday
Safe riding

·
Registered
99' Valkyrie/North Central Indiana
9,437 Posts
So @ 70 yrs. young what was your 1st. bike? BTW happy BDay.

·
Registered
232 Posts
Congrats, but I'm curious @ how we count this. I bought my first one in '75, but there was 10 years I didn't own a bike, and 6 years I owned one but was "away". So does that make 39 years or 29 or 23 years? Anyway you figger it, it's nowhere near your accomplishment. Congrats again.

·
Registered
5,352 Posts
I bought my first bike to ride to work in 1960 when I was 16..55 years of riding in January..

Did my first Iron Butt run when I was 69 years old and this year I did a Brit Butt Tour.

I've finished everything on my bucket list and am just waiting for my last big adventure..

Happy Birthday..

John.

·
Registered
365 Posts
Well happy birthday. I just started riding again after thirty years, and I turned 72 on Nov 8. My health is good, and I'm totally comfortable and confident on my 750 Spirit. I plan to ride for many years, and I'm sure you do to. Oh, and I'm wondering if I'm the oldest forum member.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts