Honda Shadow Forums banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
159 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So now that I decided to go the cruiser route. I figure'd i may as well fit the image a bit more haha. I'm 21 about 145lbs so the past month I've started bulking up a bit working out and such. Im a medium build but i want to be able to hold the bike up in an emergency u know? Anyone else do this when they started riding?

·
Registered
539 Posts
Just have lots of sex. It builds up the old cardiovascular system and you excersise every muscle in your body. No I'm not joking.

·
Registered
7,345 Posts
I try to do 2hrs a day at the lunch counter in order to maintain that old man cruiser look. You know, that perfect oval. :lol:

·
Registered
949 Posts
whats funny is I am LOSING weight now that I ride.

you burn almost 200 calories an hour riding a motorcycle. So I burn an extra 400+ calories a day when I ride to work.

yippie :shock:

·
Registered
10,167 Posts
Eat raw meat and poop vegetables!

I got that from an old Jerkey Boys prank call.... :oops: :oops: :oops:

·
Registered
2,902 Posts
After "dropping" the bike a couple times in the beginning, I added lots more time at the gym and added a couple inches of muscle to each thigh so I could wrestle the 500 pound beast back up when it wanted to "lie down".

Found out that keeping my hand off the front brake was much easier than picking the bike up after dumping. :lol:

Stupid front brake....

·
Registered
902 Posts
denisep said:
Found out that keeping my hand off the front brake was much easier than picking the bike up after dumping. :lol:
Of course you do mean "at low speeds," right? :)

·
Registered
1,861 Posts
Arm curls with 16 oz. at a time. :shock: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Don't need to go crazy with all that huffin'/puffin'.... just do some upper body stuff and a few squats....every day for about 15 minutes. You'll be OK.

About this "laying the bike down at low speed". Btdt....but I turn into a big green "HULK" when that happens!!!! You won't like me when I get "green"!!!!!!!!! :twisted: :twisted: :shock: :lol: :lol:

Bullzeyet

·
Registered
949 Posts
bullzeyet said:

Don't need to go crazy with all that huffin'/puffin'.... just do some upper body stuff and a few squats....every day for about 15 minutes. You'll be OK.

About this "laying the bike down at low speed". Btdt....but I turn into a big green "HULK" when that happens!!!! You won't like me when I get "green"!!!!!!!!! :twisted: :twisted: :shock: :lol: :lol:

Bullzeyet
:mrgreen:

·
Registered
204 Posts
bullzeyet said:
I must still be a rookie. I'm only able to hold my own when doing the 12 oz. curls. I tried the 16 oz. curls once, but after 2 drinks I kept missing my mouth thus leading to alcohol abuse (beer on the table). :lol: :lol:

·
Registered
4,833 Posts
Im a medium build but i want to be able to hold the bike up in an emergency u know?
Not just to hold up or pick up the bike...if you are in an accident the greater muscle mass and stronger tendons and ligaments will help keep your joints together and minimize injury. Resistance exercise (i.e., weightlifting) will increase bone density as well. And a stronger core will also help keep your organs in the place God intended for them. Look at the violent hits football players take without injury; the average person would have his spleen bouncing around inside the body cavity like a ping-pong ball.

·
Registered
249 Posts
I'm in shape to ride my bike. Round is a shape......right?

It's good to eat right too. I'm actually on two diets. The first one didn't have enough food :lol: .

·
Registered
1,083 Posts
You need to jog along side to get to that 200 calories per hour.
As far as bulking up goes. Crispy Creme, Baskin Robbins, Dominoes, Budweiser, no problem.

·
Registered
256 Posts
Circles said:
You need to jog along side to get to that 200 calories per hour.
As far as bulking up goes. Crispy Creme, Baskin Robbins, Dominoes, Budweiser, no problem.
Removing the shield will help you get up to 170 calories. Also driving into a head wind or in the twisties will burn more than just cruising. :p

1 - 20 of 31 Posts